Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory how can I monitoring the LUNs in HP storage Post 77291 by TioTony on Wednesday 6th of July 2005 08:20:42 PM
Old 07-06-2005
I'm sorry but I don't understand exactly what you are looking for. Are you looking to monitor the luns on an HP VA or EVA? Or are looking to monitor the devices as the OS sees them?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Storage Monitoring/Reporting?

Hi. How do you guys, monitor/report your Storage environment? I have people (don't we all? ) that like to have monthly reports on space (raw/assigned/available), ports available/used, switches and the such. Do you use anything special? Or are you like me, a nice big Excel spreadsheet? How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stephan
1 Replies

2. AIX

Migrating LUNs to new storage array

All, I have a AIX server with multiple volumes and I need to move them from a legacy storage SAN to a new SAN. We are concerned because to use mirrorvg as we would have to run on a single HBA (one on the old SAN and one on the new). Our other option is to use an appliance to do a block... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkchicago
3 Replies
IP-MONITOR(8)							       Linux							     IP-MONITOR(8)

NAME
ip-monitor, rtmon - state monitoring SYNOPSIS
ip monitor [ all | LISTofOBJECTS ] DESCRIPTION
The ip utility can monitor the state of devices, addresses and routes continuously. This option has a slightly different format. Namely, the monitor command is the first in the command line and then the object list follows: ip monitor [ all | LISTofOBJECTS ] OBJECT-LIST is the list of object types that we want to monitor. It may contain link, address and route. If no file argument is given, ip opens RTNETLINK, listens on it and dumps state changes in the format described in previous sections. If a file name is given, it does not listen on RTNETLINK, but opens the file containing RTNETLINK messages saved in binary format and dumps them. Such a history file can be generated with the rtmon utility. This utility has a command line syntax similar to ip monitor. Ide- ally, rtmon should be started before the first network configuration command is issued. F.e. if you insert: rtmon file /var/log/rtmon.log in a startup script, you will be able to view the full history later. Certainly, it is possible to start rtmon at any time. It prepends the history with the state snapshot dumped at the moment of starting. SEE ALSO
ip(8) AUTHOR
Original Manpage by Michail Litvak <mci@owl.openwall.com> iproute2 20 Dec 2011 IP-MONITOR(8)