Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Print on a printer which is password protected Post 77255 by RTM on Wednesday 6th of July 2005 01:44:23 PM
Old 07-06-2005
Here is some info - hope it helps. password protected Windows printer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I inhereted a Unix server that is password protected...Help!

I inhereted a project server that has UNIX installed with a SCO OS. I am trying to learn UNIX but I cannot go beyond the password and login. The original engineers have left the company and nothing was ever written down. How can access our server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fxsaint
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make script password protected

Hi All, I want to make my script password protected. i e: if somebody runs my script it should prompt for password. Can somebody help me in to execute the same?? Thanks in Advance :b: (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: achararun
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make files/folders Password protected

Any idea how to make files/folders password protected... I dont want to change the permissions of the files/folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: know d unknown
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping files <password protected>

Hie Friends, I need your help once again. I have 77 “password protected” winzip files in linux/unix server. I want to decrypt it through an automated script. Password of every file is same and it is mhd*tt. Please help me. Usually I unzip it as follows, manually one by one. unzip <file name> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unzipping multiple password-protected files

I am trying to unzip ~150 files on a SUN server in Unix via a telnet program (PuTTy), so I am restricted (I believe) to single-line command functions. All of the files are password protected, and each one contains three files. Is there a way to automate the process? I have tried 7z, but that only... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davman
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get password protected URL folder using PHP fopen function

Hi everybody, Please some help over here, I`m pretty new in PHP. I have a cronrefresh php file within a website, I need this script get infornation from a URL of the site. Part of the script where $URL variable appears is: $fdURL = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM affiliSt_config WHERE name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH - Password Protected Directory Issue

I dug myself a hole yesterday that I can't seem to get myself out of. In a very futile attempt to create a new FTP user with limited access via SSH, I inadvertently changed permissions for who knows what and now I am having a problem accessing password protected directories. When I enter the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HiddenColors
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make a password protected bash script resist/refuse “bash -x” when the password is given

I want to give my long scripts to customer. The customer must not be able to read the scripts even if he has the password. The following command locks and unlocks the script but the set +x is simply ignored. The code: read -p 'Script: ' S && C=$S.crypt H='eval "$((dd if=$0 bs=1 skip=//|gpg... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
7 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Password protected excel file without encryption or zipping

All, I have requirement to send password protected excel file in an email from unix/linux box without zipping it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Durgesh Gupta
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password protected excel file without encryption or zipping

All, I have requirement to send password protected excel file in an email from unix/linux box without zipping it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Durgesh Gupta
8 Replies
XpSetContext(3Xp)						 XPRINT FUNCTIONS						 XpSetContext(3Xp)

NAME
XpSetContext - Sets or unsets a print context with the specified display connection to the X Print Server. SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lXp [ library... ] #include <X11/extensions/Print.h> void XpSetContext ( display, print_context ) Display *display; XPContext print_context; ARGUMENTS
display Specifies a pointer to the Display structure; returned from XOpenDisplay. print_context A pre-existing print context on the same X Server. DESCRIPTION
XpSetContext sets the print context for a display connection. All subsequent print operations that do not explicitly take a print context- id (for example, XpStartJob) on display will use and act upon the print context set by this call, until the print context is unset or XpDe- stroyContext is called. The print context can be set and used on multiple jobs, if not destroyed. If print_context is None, XpSetContext will unset (disassociate) the print context previously associated with display. If there was no pre- viously associated print context, no action is taken. The content of the formerly associated print context is not affected by this call, and other display connections may continue to use the print context. Since font capabilities can vary from printer to printer, XpSetContext may modify the list of available fonts (see XListFonts) on display, and the actual set of usable fonts (see XLoadFont). A unique combination of fonts may be available from within a given print context; a client should not assume that all the fonts available when no print context is set will be available when a print context is set. When a print context is set on a display connection, the default behavior of ListFonts and ListFontsWithInfo is to list all of the fonts normally associated with the X print server (i.e. fonts containing glyphs) as well as any internal printer fonts defined for the printer. The xp-listfonts-modes attribute is provided so that applications can control the behavior of ListFonts and ListFontsWithInfo and is typi- cally used to show just internal printer fonts. Using only internal printer fonts is useful for performance reasons; the glyphs associated with the font are contained within the printer and do not have to be downloaded. If the value of xp-listfonts-modes includes xp-list-glyph-fonts, ListFonts and ListFontsWithInfo will include all of the fonts available to the server that have glyphs associated with them. If the value of xp-listfonts-modes includes xp-list-internal-printer-fonts, then List- Fonts and ListFontsWithInfo will include all of the fonts defined as internal printer fonts. When the print context is unset or XpDestroyContext is called, the available fonts on display revert back to what they were previously. DIAGNOSTICS
XPBadContext A valid print context-id has not been set prior to making this call. SEE ALSO
XpDestroyContext(3Xp), XpStartJob(3Xp) X Version 11 libXp 1.0.0 XpSetContext(3Xp)