Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting background problem in while loop Post 77244 by blowtorch on Wednesday 6th of July 2005 12:25:18 PM
Old 07-06-2005
What error occurs? Could you post the exact error message?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

facing problem in starting a process in background using shell script.

hey all, i am working on sun solaris machine and i want to start a process in background using shell script (actually i wanna start tomcat server using shell script). please dont tell me that append a & at last because this is not working in the shell script. i have also used nohup and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtomar
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop Problem

Hi , I have a file like this parentid process id 45 3456 1 7898 45 7890 1 6789 45 7597 now i need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill PID running in background in for loop

Guys, can you help me in killing the process which is running in back ground under for loop I am not able to find the PID using ps -afx|grep <word in command I entered> (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_xunil
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Background Jobs

We had a generic process where the jobs are scheduled to run sequentially and in background. We are noticing the problems with the background jobs. Error Message: /bin/ksh: /home/suren/bin/GenericReportScript.sh: cannot execute The same script is existing in bin and it had enough... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureng
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run the script in background, but having a problem

hi, we have a script which runs for the whole day and whenever the job fails, will send an alert to the mailbox. My problem here is that i need to give the jobname dynamically which is not possible if we run the script in background. Pls help me with this. Thanks Ajay (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Background tasks in a loop (bash)

I am trying to use a loop to start tasks 0-3, running 0,1,2 in the background with &. FOLDSET=( 0 1 2 3 ) for FOLDSET in ${FOLDSET} do if ; then BACKGRD="&" else BACKGRD="" fi # start task $FOLDSET task1 -nogui -ni -p $PROJ \ epochs=$EPOS ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running a program/script in the background from a script

Hi all, I have a script that calls another program/script, xxx, to run in the background. Supposedly this program at most should finish within five (5) minutes so after five (5) minutes, I run some other steps to run the script into completion. My problem is sometimes the program takes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a shell script in background and wait using "wait" in while loop

Hi, I am facing a strange issue, when i call a script from my while loop in background it doesnt go in background, despite the wait i put below the whil loop it goes forward even before the process put in background is completed. cat abc.txt | while read -u4 line do #if line contains #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop hangs in function running in background

Hello Everyone, I am writing a shell script to fetch log files from remote servers within a time range. It copies log files to local server, grep for date and then compares the time stamp of each log entry with the once specified. Below is the code. # Get log and Parsing function ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanagalamurali
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with loop within loop

Hi, I work on Ab-initio ETL tool which is based on Unix. I made a small script which has two loop's one with in another. All the functionality is working for the first line of outer loop but when it comes to other lines of outer loop it is throwing error as command not found. Below is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
4 Replies
Tcl_PkgRequire(3TCL)					      Tcl Library Procedures					      Tcl_PkgRequire(3TCL)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_PkgRequire, Tcl_PkgRequireEx, Tcl_PkgPresent, Tcl_PkgPresentEx, Tcl_PkgProvide, Tcl_PkgProvideEx - package version control SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> CONST char * Tcl_PkgRequire(interp, name, version, exact) CONST char * Tcl_PkgRequireEx(interp, name, version, exact, clientDataPtr) CONST char * Tcl_PkgPresent(interp, name, version, exact) CONST char * Tcl_PkgPresentEx(interp, name, version, exact, clientDataPtr) int Tcl_PkgProvide(interp, name, version) int Tcl_PkgProvideEx(interp, name, version, clientData) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter where package is needed or available. CONST char *name (in) Name of package. CONST char *version (in) A version string consisting of one or more decimal numbers separated by dots. int exact (in) Non-zero means that only the particular version specified by version is acceptable. Zero means that newer versions than version are also acceptable as long as they have the same major version number as version. ClientData clientData (in) Arbitrary value to be associated with the package. ClientData *clientDataPtr (out) Pointer to place to store the value associated with the matching package. It is only changed if the pointer is not NULL and the function completed successfully. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These procedures provide C-level interfaces to Tcl's package and version management facilities. Tcl_PkgRequire is equivalent to the package require command, Tcl_PkgPresent is equivalent to the package present command, and Tcl_PkgPro- vide is equivalent to the package provide command. See the documentation for the Tcl commands for details on what these procedures do. If Tcl_PkgPresent or Tcl_PkgRequire complete successfully they return a pointer to the version string for the version of the package that is provided in the interpreter (which may be different than version); if an error occurs they return NULL and leave an error message in the interpreter's result. Tcl_PkgProvide returns TCL_OK if it completes successfully; if an error occurs it returns TCL_ERROR and leaves an error message in the interpreter's result. Tcl_PkgProvideEx, Tcl_PkgPresentEx and Tcl_PkgRequireEx allow the setting and retrieving of the client data associated with the package. In all other respects they are equivalent to the matching functions. KEYWORDS
package, present, provide, require, version ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl 7.5 Tcl_PkgRequire(3TCL)