Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming fwrite takes extremely long time Post 77212 by inna on Wednesday 6th of July 2005 06:19:16 AM
Old 07-06-2005
Thanks for the detailed responses.
I will try to implement some of the ideas.

I.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script takes long time to complete

Hi all, I wrote this shell script to validate filed numbers for input file. But it take forever to complete validation on a file. The average speed is like 9mins/MB. Can anyone tell me how to improve the performance of a shell script? Thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozzman
12 Replies

2. Linux

it takes long time to login on server

Hi, I am trying to login using ssh on Red Hat Linux 5 server, The password appears immediately but after I enter the password it takes about 90 seconds to login completely. Please suggest what changes require? Regards, Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time how long it takes to load a module

Hello, like the title says, how can i measure the time it takes to load a module in Linux, and how how can i measure the time it takes to load a statically compiled module. /Best Regards Olle ---------- Post updated at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:54 AM ---------- For... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ollebanan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Password process takes a long time

We are running unix. After a reboot of the server we have found that changing password takes a long time. if type in passwd "username" you can type in the 1st instance of the password , press enter , then it will wait for about 3 minutes before bringing up the confirm password line typing it in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlewis
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort takes a long time

Dear experts I have a 200MG text file in this format: text \tab number I try to sort using options -fd and it takes very long! is that normal or I can speed it up in some ways? I dont want to split the file since this one is already splitted. I use this command: sort -fd file >... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: voolek
12 Replies

6. Programming

What happens fwrite/fread at the same time?

Hello, I have a question about what happens when I copy the file which is being written by another process on Solaris 9/SPARC, UFS file system. in particular, I want to know what happens while some process is reading the file using fread or mmap, another process try to write something on the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wipe3out
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Re-sync Taking Extremely Long.

It's almost 3 days now and my resync/re-attach is only at 80%. Is there something I can check in Solaris 10 that would be causing the degradation. It's only a standby machine. My live system completed in 6hrs. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravzter
9 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

database takes long time to process

Hi, we currently having a issue where when we send jobs to the server for the application lawson, it is taking a very long time to complete. here are the last few lines of the database log. 2012-09-18-10.35.55.707279-240 E244403536A576 LEVEL: Warning PID : 950492 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techy1
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget takes a long time to complete

Hi, I wish to check the return value for wget $url. However, some urls are designed to take 45 minutes or more to return. All i need to check if the URL can be reached or not using wget. How can i get wget to return the value in a few seconds ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from a server takes long time

It takes 6 hrs for a 90 GB zip file that i am copying / transferring from serverA onto serverB. scp user1@serverA:/opt/setup/cash.zip . Output: cash.zip 21% 19GB 4.7MB/s 4:11:46 ETA uname -a SunOS serverB 5.11 11.2 sun4v sparc sun4vCan you please suggest if i could do... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
11 Replies
WebService::Solr::Response(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   WebService::Solr::Response(3pm)

NAME
WebService::Solr::Response - Parse responses from Solr SYNOPSIS
my $res = WebService::Solr::Response->new( $http_res ); for my $doc( $res->docs ) { print $doc->value_for( 'id'), " "; } my $pager = $res->pager; DESCRIPTION
This class encapsulates responses from the Solr Web Service. Typically it is used when documents are returned from a search query, though it will accept all responses from the service. ACCESSORS
o raw_response - the raw HTTP::Response object. o content - a hashref of deserialized JSON data from the response. o docs - an array of WebService::Solr::Document objects. o pager - a Data::Page object for the search results. o pageset - a Data::Pageset object for the search results. Takes the same arguments as "Data::Pageset->new" does. All arguments optional. METHODS
new( $response ) Given an HTTP::Response object, it will parse the returned data as required. BUILDARGS( @args ) A Moose override to allow our custom constructor. facet_counts( ) A shortcut to the "facet_counts" key in the response data. spellcheck( ) A shortcut to the "spellcheck" key in the response data. solr_status( ) Looks for the status value in the response data. ok( ) Calls "solr_status()" and check that it is equal to 0. AUTHORS
Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> Kirk Beers COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2012 National Adult Literacy Database This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-24 WebService::Solr::Response(3pm)