Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hostname alias
Operating Systems Solaris hostname alias Post 77195 by reborg on Tuesday 5th of July 2005 06:08:13 PM
Old 07-05-2005
That would all be within DNS, you would not need any change on the client.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hostname

Hello, I am installing redhat linux 6.2 on an intel based system. Whether i want to know any naming conventions should i follow. ie Any convention to follow to name a linux machine(To give hostname). Simillarly for domain name also. Please suggest in this regard (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

looking up hostname

Using Solaris 8 (or WINXP). I am trying to look up a specific DNS hostname, but I don't know which DNS server houses that entry. How can I find the hostname? nslookup gives me the following: C:\>nslookup hostname Server: dnsserver Address: x.x.x.x *** dnsserver can't find hostname:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change of Hostname

Dear All. I will like to know beside the following command "hostname hostname" what other command that can change the hostname of the Unix. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gelbvonn
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - unknown hostname - how can I change hostname?

Hello, I am new to Solaris. I am using stand alone Solaris 10.0 for test/study purpose and connecting to internet via an ADSL modem which has DHCP server. My Solaris is working on VMWare within winXP. My WinXP and Solaris connects to internet by the same ADSL modem via its DHCP at the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Hostname alias

How to set up hostname alias for HP-UX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RPG
2 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

HP UX - ILO Console hostname different than Machine Hostname...

Hi All, So we added a new HP-UX 11.31 machine. Copied OS via Ignite-UX (DVD)over from this machine called machine_a. It was supposed to be named machine_c. And it is when you log in...however when I'm in the ILO console before logging in, it says: It should say: What gives? And how do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I know my user@hostname ?

(8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojeezy
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hostname -f hostname: Unknown host

deleted (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Alias ip & hostname

Hello Forum members, I am new to the Linux administration and i have a question on the below requirement , requirement is as below Create a new alias-IP & alias-Host name to the existing virtual machine ( RHEL 6.6) I have created alias-IP and here is the below eth3 Link... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raokl
0 Replies
Net::DNS::RR::EUI64(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Net::DNS::RR::EUI64(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::RR::EUI64 - DNS EUI64 resource record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS; $rr = new Net::DNS::RR('name IN EUI64 address'); $rr = new Net::DNS::RR( name => 'example.com', type => 'EUI64', address => '00-00-5e-ef-10-00-00-2a' ); DESCRIPTION
DNS resource records for 64-bit Extended Unique Identifier (EUI64). The EUI64 resource record is used to represent IEEE Extended Unique Identifiers used in various layer-2 networks, ethernet for example. EUI64 addresses SHOULD NOT be published in the public DNS. RFC7043 describes potentially severe privacy implications resulting from indiscriminate publication of link-layer addresses in the DNS. METHODS
The available methods are those inherited from the base class augmented by the type-specific methods defined in this package. Use of undocumented package features or direct access to internal data structures is discouraged and could result in program termination or other unpredictable behaviour. address The address field is a 8-octet layer-2 address in network byte order. The presentation format is hexadecimal separated by "-". COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)2013 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Package template (c)2009,2012 O.M.Kolkman and R.W.Franks. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::RR, RFC7043 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::RR::EUI64(3)