Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CVS on UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CVS on UNIX Post 77105 by LiquidChild on Monday 4th of July 2005 05:08:10 PM
Old 07-04-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by locustfurnace
Did you set up your environment? For setting up my CVS server I use the following in my .tcshrc

setenv CVSROOT :ext:locustfurnace@10.0.10.10:/usr/home/locustfurnace/CVSROOT
setenv CVS_RSH /usr/bin/ssh
setenv CVSEDITOR vim
I have my variables currently set to:

CVSROOT=/appl/cvs/CVSROOT/
CVS_RSH=/bin/ssh

Thanks

Last edited by LiquidChild; 07-05-2005 at 04:42 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cvs Cr-lf

I've experienced a problem with CVS when I've checked out sh script. When new build was created sources were checked out from CVS under Windows. Later this build was deployed under Linux und I recieved error from shell becouse of CR-LF EOL in file. I've tryed command dos2unix and become script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
7 Replies

2. Solaris

cvs error

dear all I'm one of the CVS administrators here at my company and i have this cvs error in the messages Sep 18 07:20:37 dev cvs: Dying gasps received from client. can any one help me about this error ............. thanks murad jaber (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
1 Replies

3. Debian

What is CVS...?

Hi everyone... Could one of you kind Linux experts please let me know what CVS is In return I will kindly give you a thumbs up :b: a good trade I feel!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TonyChapman
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

CVS on redhat

Hi all, i am trying to set up a CVS server on linux and to remote access the repository using WinCVS. I am facing some problem and i am unsure whether is it the client or the server not set up properly. In my winCVS client, i clicked Admin ->login and i specify my CVSROOT to be ":... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

CVS Configuration Help

Hello, I have read a great deal of documentation on CVS and I hope I have not overlooked what I need but I have certain issues with CVS that I cannnot resolve. The setup for the /etx/xinetd.d file I have is as follows: # default: off # description: The CVS service can record the history... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy a windows CVS file to the unix server

I so desperately need a script to copy a windows csv file to my unix server and i know these should be at dummies but i have no bits. it is life & no job situation help please. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhegal
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy a windows CVS file to the unix server as a svs file

I so desperately need a script to copy a windows csv file to my unix server and i know these should be at dummies but i have no bits. it is life & no job situation help please. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhegal
1 Replies

8. AIX

Using cvs on AIX

Hello. I am using CVS on my AIX 6.1 box. I have gotten the repository setup and everything is working from command line. Now I want to use CVS on my Windows 7 machine using the remote repository on my AIX box. Has anyone else tried this? Why can't I get this to work? I have tried using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpodhrad
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to retrive data from DB(Aqua studio) in CVS format using UNIX script?

I am using aqua studio DB. I need to retrive the data from my database using uxin script in .csv format. i am using select query along with the joins. my o/p in the DB is of the below format. Cycle IDCycle StatusRecord 98N-0000ACV23-3636FCliet Level (Af)Success1689393HF-J7879-09090RCliet Level... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mugivz
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cvs manipule.

Hello all, What i need to do is manipulate a squid log file. I have many milions of file in this format: 1442814667.478 76 4.3.2.1 TCP_MISS/200 31845 GET http://pippo.com/inde.html - DIRECT/1.2.3.4 text/css What i need to do is transform field 7 from Pippo.com - 404 File Not Found in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aka0017
4 Replies
CVSCONNECT(1)															     CVSCONNECT(1)

NAME
cvsconnect - CVS connection minimizer SYNOPSIS
cvsconnect cvsroot [command-to-run ...] DESCRIPTION
CVSconnect enables you to do multiple CVS operations on single network connection. CVSconnect sets up special environment using $CVSRSH/$CVSROOT for the command line CVS client. In the environment, the command line CVS client reuses a network connection. CVSconnect is especially designed to use with CVSsuck. And CVSconnect (or similar) will be integrated to a future version of CVSsuck. However, it is planned that CVSsuck directly connects to a cvs server without cvs command. EXAMPLES
cvsconnect $HOME/.cvsroot BUGS
o The global option -z for compression cannot be used. If you use SSH via ext method, you can use compression by SSH instead. o CVS client must be run at a time. Running two or more clients at a same time will make a trouble. (will be fixed in future release.) o Some static variables in a CVS server may confuse you. It's a CVS bug. Report it to CVS developer :-). o Command line CVS client must request `Root' first. Don't mind. There is no implementation which violates this assumption, however I know. At least, CVS-1.10 and CVS-1.11 should work. NOTES
o When CVS command is failed, CVSconnect automatically re-run the command with reconnected connection when CVS command is failed. Especially the failure is caused by a long running CVS-1.10 server. Since CVS-1.10 doesn't close some file descriptors, a long running CVS server will exceed a limit of file descriptors. o /bin/sh should be POSIX sh because this script uses ${parameter#pattern}, etc. If your /bin/sh is ancient Bourne shell, use ksh or bash. SEE ALSO
cvs(1), cvssuck(1). AUTHOR
This manpage is written by Piotr Roszatycki <dexter@debian.org> for Debian distribution and can be freely redistributed. Debian 2011-08-30 CVSCONNECT(1)