Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Connecting to Oracle through unix shell scripts Post 77101 by google on Monday 4th of July 2005 12:16:23 PM
Old 07-04-2005
Use a HERE document. Search the forum for Oracle or HERE document to find several other examples.

Code:
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s <<SQLPLUS > oracle.log 
$DB_id/$DB_pswd@$DB_server 
select to_char(sysdate,'YYYYMMDDHHMMSS') FROM dual; 
spool off 
SQLPLUS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ORACLE from Shell scripts

Hi, I have Oracle, and I want to execute simple queries in it. Is it possible to do this using a UNIX shell scripts. Are there any commands in Shell scripting where in I can communicate to ORACLE!? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanprabu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle from Shell..What Am I doing Wrong

I have the following code in my shell script. . /apps/oracli/xxxxx/xxxx/oraEnv.9.2.0 sqlplus -s $DB_USER/$DB_PWD@$DB_NAME > xx.html <<EOF I am passing DBuser and DBname from a config file and the password from user. Config File : export DB_USER=xxx; export DB_NAME=xxx; I am getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dzyr4tt
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt in Oracle connecting unix - Very urgent

I am using a oracle query from unix.. flag=`sqlplus -s <<EOF SELECT 'Y' FROM table_name WHERE cond1 = '${table_name}' AND DECODE('${var_a}','''NA''',own,'${var_b0}')= own exception when no_data_found then dbms_output.put_line(NVL(l_owner_flag,'X')); end; EOF` Its not validating the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivakumar.rj
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to oracle database from shell script

Hi all, I am satyakiran , i am new to the forum. i never done shell scripts for connecting to the data base (oracle) and fetching the data from the database( thru sql select statements ) i want to know 1. how to connect to the data base(oracle) using shell script 2. how to retrieve data... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakiran
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle by using ODBC on UNIX

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to connect to Oracle database which is installed on WINDOWS machine. I dont have Oracle client installed on my AIX so i can't use SQLPLUS command. But ODBC to connect to Oracle is configured on my UNIX server. Can any one help me with the steps of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raamc
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

run shell script connecting to oracle from crontab

Hi, I have problems with running shell script connecting to Oracle from the crontab. Here is the script: #!/sbin/sh ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/10g/ export ORACLE_HOME if then echo "Source path is not specified" exit fi /opt/oracle/10g/bin/sqlplus user/pass@testdb << EOF truncate table... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to ORACLE through SHELL

Hi, I am trying to connect to oracle database (9.2.0.7.0) through Sun solaris. But I am unable to do so. The content of my script is as follows: Shell Sript: RESULT=`$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus schema/'pwd'@db << EOF set echo on; set feedback on; @/home/count/qry.sql` echo... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to Unix server through Oracle

Hi, I need some help regarding oracle with unix script Actually i have a shell script and i want that it gets triggered through a oracle Db.I dont have any idea how is it done, even whether it is possible....pls help.....!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling oracle package Unix from shell scripts.

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to call a oracle package from a Unix shell script? I want to pass some input parameters to package and it will return me the output which I want to use further in my shell script. I want to know the way to capture the output values in my shell script. Please send some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil029
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need Connecting to Oracle DB from Unix

I have a table called CLARIFICATION in one of my schema in Oracle Data Base. I have to connect to oracle Data Base from Unix and compare the one of the column(Exec_Date) in CLARIFICATION table with Sysdate.If Exec_Date = Sysdate go head and run rest of the script otherwise exit out with out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeru
2 Replies
platform::shell(3tcl)					       Tcl Bundled Packages					     platform::shell(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(3tcl)