Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Looking for Software
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Looking for Software Post 77054 by locustfurnace on Sunday 3rd of July 2005 03:53:12 PM
Old 07-03-2005
You can check the various socks projects on Freshmeat.

http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=SOCKS...&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Software substitution

Hello guys Does anyone know about some software, like pl-sql developer for unix (solaris). On windows I use pl-sql developer, but I need this software or similar for unix Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

2. Solaris

monitoring software

i am looking for a really good monitoring solftware for solaris . i need it to be installed on a server and accessed from a client application on windows , with some nice GUI interfaces . thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
6 Replies

3. Linux

Software

What Is The Available Software For Unix? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apr
2 Replies

4. Linux

need a software

hi all , i need to find a tool that probes for all the recent changes on the system i have a linux core (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

what is that software

hi i used a software long time ago 1.when right click on any link and select site informatin(i not remembered) 2.or in a site on a plain area if done right click &select site ino the software tells about ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
0 Replies

6. Programming

Software

Hi Guys, Please excuse me, I hope this is the right forum for this question. What kind of software is being used to make GUIs and can you show me some tutorial links? Thank you. Slick :D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slick
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for software.

Hi all, Right now i am using Windows XP OS. I want to execute all the unix commands under this environment. Is there any software for executing unix commands in Windows. regards NG (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nandagopal
1 Replies
SOCKS.FC(5)							File Formats Manual						       SOCKS.FC(5)

NAME
socks.fc - Frozen configuration file for SOCKS clients SYNOPSIS
/etc/socks.fc DESCRIPTION
The frozen configuration file is produced by make_socksfc and is essentially the memory image of the parsed configuration file. Using the frozen configuration file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS client programs since they no longer have to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS client starts, it always looks for the frozen configuration file /etc/socks.fc first . If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text configuration file /etc/socks.conf. If you use frozen configuration, you must remember to run make_socksfc every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS clients will continue to use the frozen file of a previous configuration. To find out the contents of a frozen configuration file, use dump_socksfc. SEE ALSO
dump_socksfc(8), make_socksfc(8), socks.conf(5), socks_clients(1) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@esd.sgi.com or yingda@best.com May 6, 1996 SOCKS.FC(5)