Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lynx / Links
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Lynx / Links Post 77039 by zylwyz on Sunday 3rd of July 2005 03:51:47 AM
Old 07-03-2005
Maybe you can try to look at there. This this the list of browsers for UINIX.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lynx via crontab

I've written a program using the bourne shell (I think) #!/bin/bash that goes through a database and for each line does lynx "http://www.example.com/test.cgi?var=variable" The whole point of this was to later move it into the crontab so that once a day it would run this program on a website. Now... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sstevens
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Downloading with lynx

Hi there! I one saw a command that allowed to download a file using lynx from an HTTP server without opening lynx itself. Looked something like this: $ lynx -xyz http://localhost/foo.bar ~/foo.bar I looked into lynx manpages and help but didn't find anything. Thank you in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lynx startup

how to add an GUI application in a lynx 9.0 server start up. replies appreciated. raguram R (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

lynx

lynx Hi there , how to use this command ?? is it t to download files with any type(.zip,.exe,.xxx) ?? and i want example thx ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XPS
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm a noob at Lynx...

So... I'm using lynx on a Mac... I didn't know that the whole dang thing is in Terminal? I rarely use terminal. I can't even figure out how to start the thing up. I type in lynx into it and press enter... And the cursor just goes down. Nothing happens like the FAQ websites describe. I feel so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yennster
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Hard Links and Soft or Sym links

When loooking at files in a directory using ls, how can I tell if I have a hard link or soft link? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
11 Replies

7. AIX

List all the soft links and hard links

Hi I'm logged in as root in an aix box Which command will list all the soft links and hard links present in the server ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

lynx

theres a form with these fields <form name="cpgform" id="cpgform" method="post" action="update.php"> <input type="text" name="user" size="30" class="textinput" /> <input type="password" name="pass" size="30" class="textinput" /> <input type="hidden" name="method" value="admin" />... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
1 Replies
UPDATE-DESKTOP-DATABASE(1)				      General Commands Manual					UPDATE-DESKTOP-DATABASE(1)

NAME
update-desktop-database - Build cache database of MIME types handled by desktop files SYNOPSIS
update-desktop-database [-q|--quiet] [-v|--verbose] [DIRECTORY...] DESCRIPTION
The update-desktop-database program is a tool to build a cache database of the MIME types handled by desktop files. The cache database contains the list of MIME types that can be handled by desktop files, as well as, for each MIME type, a list of desktop files that can handle this MIME type. This cache database ease the work of applications that need to find an application that can open a document of a specific MIME type: those applications will not have to parse all the desktop files existing on the system, and can instead parse this cache database. If no DIRECTORY is specified as argument, the desktop files that will be processed are the ones installed in $XDG_DATA_DIRS/applications. If both the --quiet and --verbose options are used, then --verbose will be ignored. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -q, --quiet Do not display any information about processing and updating progress. -v, --verbose Display more information about processing and updating progress. NOTES
If an invalid MIME type is met, it will be ignored and the creation of the cache database will continue. The format of the cache database is a simple desktop entry format, with a MIME Cache group, containing one key per MIME type. The key name is the MIME type, and the key value is the list of desktop file that can handle this MIME type. The order of the desktop files found for a MIME type is not significant. Therefore, an external mechanism must be used to determine what is the preferred desktop file for a MIME type. EXAMPLE
Here is a simple example of a cache database: [MIME Cache] application/x-shellscript=gedit.desktop; text/plain=gedit.desktop;gvim.desktop; video/webm=totem.desktop; This cache database is created with three desktop files, each containing a MimeType key: gedit.desktop: MimeType=text/plain;application/x-shellscript; gvim.desktop: MimeType=text/plain; totem.desktop: MimeType=video/webm; FILES
$XDG_DATA_DIRS/applications/mimeinfo.cache This file is the cache database created by update-desktop-database. BUGS
If you find bugs in the update-desktop-database program, please report these on https://bugs.freedesktop.org. FREEDESKTOP.ORG UPDATE-DESKTOP-DATABASE(1)