Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sources for Raid Information
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sources for Raid Information Post 77004 by 3grls=1hd8 on Saturday 2nd of July 2005 09:34:10 AM
Old 07-02-2005
Sources for Raid Information

All,

I have worked with UNIX for quite a while but never with raid. My section has just taken control of 3 servers each with different configurations and all running raids. My question for everyone is can you recommend any books that I can purchase or web sites that deal specifically with how to implement/maintain a raid in Solaris.

Here are my Hardware/software configurations:

E450, 2 x ciprico 7000's, running solaris 2.6
E4500, 2 x Sun StoreEdge A5100's, solaris 2.6
E450, 2 x ciprico 7000's, running solaris 8

Thanks,

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix sources

hello, i'm looking for the sources of the old, original unices (v3 preferred). could someone point a link? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdarkangel
2 Replies

2. Linux

Kernel sources

I"m installing my ATI card in FC4. I'm going off of instructions that i've found. The firs step says that i need my kernel sources which i've got then it says that i've gotta unpack them so i can make links to the file later. My kernel sources that i've got are .src.rpm I've installed them but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: byblyk
1 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Are the UnixWare 7.1.1 sources available?

So, I was browsing groklaw.net, and I was surprised to read that Pamela Jones was reading the copyright notices in the UnixWare 7.1.1 source code files... Groklaw - Santa Cruz Listed Novell as Owning the Copyrights in 1999 How can that be? Are the UnixWare 7.1.1 sources available to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pepinox
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAID software vs hardware RAID

Hi Can someone tell me what are the differences between software and hardware raid ? thx for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

5. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Software RAID on top of Hardware RAID

Server Model: T5120 with 146G x4 disks. OS: Solaris 10 - installed on c1t0d0. Plan to use software raid (veritas volume mgr) on c1t2d0 disk. After format and label the disk, still not able to detect using vxdiskadm. Question: Should I remove the hardware raid on c1t2d0 first? My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

7. Debian

Repositories in sources.list

I'm just interested to know how your sources.list look like. I got some repositories witch give some errors and I would like to clean it up. and when I do apt-get update I get few lines showing errors like 404 , this is how my list look like: # deb cdrom:/ squeeze main # deb cdrom:/... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zdorian
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about I/O sources

Hi all, What is the difference between these two comands? sed s/a/b/ <f1 >f2 sed s/a/b/ f1 >f2 Best, santiagorf (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santiagorf
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)