Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Do I need to add a route??
Special Forums IP Networking Do I need to add a route?? Post 76935 by agoodrich on Friday 1st of July 2005 01:56:01 PM
Old 07-01-2005
Yeah.. I found that the routes I added are gone this morning after I restarted the machine. I'm using SCO 5... What would my startup files be called? How can I find out what files are being loaded on startup?

And also is there already a file with the default routes in it that I can add this route to?

Thanks,
-Aaron

Last edited by agoodrich; 07-01-2005 at 03:05 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

route add

Hello , We have 3 rs/6000 server's running aix on our local network, so each time I try to ping one of these servers we get a "network is down" error , I've been instructed to use to route add command which is ... #route add server.ip router.ip after this the ping command works fine ,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

Add Route on HP-UX v10.x, help.

Hi, My H-UX box has the GW pointing to 10.10.10.1 and I need add it a new route pointing to 192.168.80.x with the GW 10.10.10.13 I tried with: #route add 192.168.80.2 255.255.255.255 10.10.10.13 but I get: add net 192.168.80.0: gateway 255.255.255.0: Network is unreachable I tried with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: efrenba
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

Route add probleme

I have a system that i want to reach via a vpn created vi a fierwall.The fierwall in an other system. The ip i am trying to get to is 172.16.4.48 I need to get to it via the hme1 interface. The vpn gateway has this ip 172.30.50.1 I need to clean up the routing table and make this work; or is it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterboy
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Route Add

Hi, I am trying to add route command in Solaris 10 machine in the following fashion: route add -host 10.8.112.10 180.144.1.250 -interface lo0:1 this command fails with an error "lo0:1: bad value" I want to add a route to 10.8.112.10 that picks 180.144.1.250 as the gateway via the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_shet
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

route add

I have built a new linux server, via a iLo connection. and I am trying to connect via my desktop to the server I have just built to the management port eth0 via putty. Please could some one advise how to connect to this server from my desktop. Do i need to create add a route access on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
0 Replies

6. Solaris

route add : network is unreachable

Hey Guys: I am trying to add a route for assign a network interface to the traffic to/from a specific net, but allways to get the same system message : network is unreacheable root@ColectorDMSCNT # route add net 200.44.46.0/24 161.196.84.196 1 add net 200.44.46.0/24: gateway... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Add route to solaris10

Hi need to add 2 routes, one on each server. I know the route add comand but I have always been given the parameters to put in. I need a route in each of the 2 following servers to be able to ping and ssh between them. But how do i know which netmask to put in the route add command ? In... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vettec3
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Add route to solaris 10

I need to add a new route on solaris10 machine. I want that all traffic on the 23 port (telnet) use 192.168.200.1 gateway. How I do ? Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arfry
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Couldn't add route on Solaris 10

Hi Solaris Experts, I am trying to add a routing table entry on our 5.1 Generic_144488-12 sun4v sparc Solaris 10 SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220 so that it is possible to ping 10.56.9.34 node # netstat -rnv IRE Table: IPv4 Destination Mask Gateway Device Mxfrg Rtt Ref Flg Out In/Fwd ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjackson123
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

Add explicit route

Add explicit route to 10.128.255.41/32 , gateway: 10.128.201.254 if not working, please try gateway through management port: 10.128.55.254 Just want to double confirm if this would be the correct command #route add -net 10.128.255.41/32 10.128.201.254 And if didnt work #route add... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
1 Replies
NRPARMS(8)						   Linux System Managers Manual 						NRPARMS(8)

NAME
nrparms - Configure the NET/ROM interface. SYNOPSIS
nrparms -nodes node +|- ident quality count port neighbour [digicall...] nrparms -routes port nodecall [digicall...] +|- quality nrparms -version DESCRIPTION
This program is used to manipulate the routing tables of the NET/ROM network layer, or to get and set many of the network and transport layer parameters for the NET/ROM protocol. The program has three basic modes of operation, node setting, neighbour setting and general parameter setting. The syntax for the node and neighbour setting is taken from the original NET/ROM manual and is therefore not very UNIXy but should be familiar to those familiar with NET/ROMs or TheNet. To set up a new route to a NET/ROM node in the routing tables you must use the nodes option. All of the parameters are needed to add the node. It is probably best to illustrate with an example: nrparms -nodes GB7BPQ + NMCLUS 120 6 vhf G8ROU-3 This creates a new route to a distant node with the callsign GB7BPQ and the alias NMCLUS, it has a quality of 120 (out of 255) and has an obsolescence count of six and packets for that node should be sent on the AX.25 port named vhf to my immediate neighbour G8ROU-3. The call- signs of the node and the neighbour may be the same. For example to set up the node G8ROU-3 which is also my immediate neighbour, I would use: nrparms -nodes G8ROU-3 + MATLCK 200 6 vhf G8ROU-3 If the ident of the remote node is not known, it is possible to add a node with a blank ident. To do this an ident of '*' must be entered on the command line. Because of the command line expansion that shells do, the * must be escaped by enclosing it in quotes. It is also possible to remove a route to a distant node with the same command except that the + is replaced by a -. The other parameters must also be present. If the node has not other routes then the node will be deleted, and the neighbour node that the connections go via may also be deleted if no other node route uses it, and it is not a locked neighbour entry. When setting up a new node, a new neighbour entry may also be created. This will have a default value. For that neighbour to be meaningful in the automatic routing process, it must have a more reasonable entry in the neighbours list. To do this the routes option of the command must be used. An example: nrparms -routes ax0 G8ROU-3 + 120 This will create (or update) the neighbour entry for G8ROU-3 with a quality of 120 and it will be locked, it will not create a node entry for the neighbour. This quality will be used by the netromd(8) program when calculating route qualities via this neighbour. Normally once a neighbour has zero node routes going via it, it will be deleted. Locking a neighbour prevents the deletion from occurring. To unlock a neighbour entry, the same command is used but with the + replaced by a -. FILES
/etc/ax25/axports /etc/ax25/nrports SEE ALSO
call(1), netrom(4), nrports(5), axparms(8), netromd(8), nrparms(8). AUTHOR
Jonathan Naylor G4KLX <g4klx@g4klx.demon.co.uk> Linux 25 January 1997 NRPARMS(8)