Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mini Shell in C
Top Forums Programming Mini Shell in C Post 76896 by Perderabo on Friday 1st of July 2005 10:24:56 AM
Old 07-01-2005
We do have some rules here and we expect everyone to follow them. One of the rules is:

(6) Do not post classroom or homework problems.

If you suspect that a question violates this rule, please don't answer it anyway. This encourages further rule violations.

At this point passat, if he waited for years, knows how to download the source code for a shell. I guess what he wanted, but that's not the same thing as creating the source code for a shell.

Answering a 4 year old question is a bit odd, but I guess I'll leave the thread open.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

mini digi-cam

hey guys! I am on a fedora core2 i686 with gui and I have a miniture cool-cam which is digital.. it connects through regular usb.. the system recognizes it and the when I go into the desktop peripheral and go to camera it gives name and tells test was successful.. it also says that the camera has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mini distribution

Maybe someone knows floppy distribution with which I could connect to the internet and browse sites. THanks for answers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vilmis
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mini shell programming (help)

Hi All, Well i m a taking an operating system course (newbie to unix) we have studied till now: the fork () execv() the teacher asked us to create a mini shell that execute a user command: cmd1 he said everything in is optional we can use any combination Well dudes , i m really... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ELECTRO
2 Replies

4. Programming

Some questions for mini game

Hello fellow programmers!:) First of all excuse me for my English, i am from abroad... I am trying to learn the C++ programming language as it is one of the most basic languages.So,instead of just creating small examples for each feature(like class,input/output etc), I decided to create a mini... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashuser2
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mini Project

Hi Experts, I'm a newbie.....just now i started to write some simple scripts on my own. Can anyone suggest me any simple project kind of stuff to hone my SHELL SCRIPTING skills....which involves database connection and more than that.....bcoz i already tried to write a script which connects to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in a mini project

Hi All, I want to make something like described below - "Double click on an executable file that will check the health status and other things of various linux servers and send an email to a list of people." I can make shell scripts for individual servers but how to make a script that will check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csrohit
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Thompson MSH(mini-shell)

Hi Guys! Recently, I disassemble the MSH. And reconstructed. I thought maybe somebody wants to see looked like a second shell. In practice, the most ancient shell. It is written in assembler (AT&T). Owner Ken Thompson, Dennis Ritchie. mov $parbuf,r1 mov $parp,r2 clr r3 jsr pc,blank... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLbS
0 Replies
DIALTEST(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       DIALTEST(8)

NAME
dialtest - HylaFAX dial string processing rules test program SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/dialtest [ options ] dialrules DESCRIPTION
dialtest is an interactive program for the testing and development of dial string processing rules used by HylaFAX. dialtest reads the file of rules specified on the command line and then prompts for a dial string. For each string typed in, dialtest prints the result of applying the canonicalization and dial-string preparation rule sets. A rule set whose name is setname can be specified by typing ``set- name(string)''; for example, ``CanonicalName(+1.415.965.7824)''. Note that dialtest reads the rules file only when it is initially started up. This means that dialtest must be restarted for it to apply changes to a rules file. OPTIONS
-a code Use code as the value of AreaCode in the rules file. The default area code is ``415''. -c code Use code as the value of CountryCode in the rules file. The default country code is ``1''. -i prefix Use prefix as the value of InternationalPrefix in the rules file. The default international dialing prefix is ``011''. -l prefix Use prefix as the value of LongDistancePrefix in the rules file. The default long distance dialing prefix is ``1''. -q Be quiet, suppressing most all output except for the actual results. This is useful for using dialtest in an automated fashion. -v Print each input line before displaying the results of applying the dial string rules to the input string. This can be useful, for example, in shell scripts. SEE ALSO
dialrules(5) March 3, 1995 DIALTEST(8)