Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mini Shell in C
Top Forums Programming Mini Shell in C Post 76896 by Perderabo on Friday 1st of July 2005 10:24:56 AM
Old 07-01-2005
We do have some rules here and we expect everyone to follow them. One of the rules is:

(6) Do not post classroom or homework problems.

If you suspect that a question violates this rule, please don't answer it anyway. This encourages further rule violations.

At this point passat, if he waited for years, knows how to download the source code for a shell. I guess what he wanted, but that's not the same thing as creating the source code for a shell.

Answering a 4 year old question is a bit odd, but I guess I'll leave the thread open.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

mini digi-cam

hey guys! I am on a fedora core2 i686 with gui and I have a miniture cool-cam which is digital.. it connects through regular usb.. the system recognizes it and the when I go into the desktop peripheral and go to camera it gives name and tells test was successful.. it also says that the camera has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mini distribution

Maybe someone knows floppy distribution with which I could connect to the internet and browse sites. THanks for answers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vilmis
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mini shell programming (help)

Hi All, Well i m a taking an operating system course (newbie to unix) we have studied till now: the fork () execv() the teacher asked us to create a mini shell that execute a user command: cmd1 he said everything in is optional we can use any combination Well dudes , i m really... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ELECTRO
2 Replies

4. Programming

Some questions for mini game

Hello fellow programmers!:) First of all excuse me for my English, i am from abroad... I am trying to learn the C++ programming language as it is one of the most basic languages.So,instead of just creating small examples for each feature(like class,input/output etc), I decided to create a mini... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashuser2
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mini Project

Hi Experts, I'm a newbie.....just now i started to write some simple scripts on my own. Can anyone suggest me any simple project kind of stuff to hone my SHELL SCRIPTING skills....which involves database connection and more than that.....bcoz i already tried to write a script which connects to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in a mini project

Hi All, I want to make something like described below - "Double click on an executable file that will check the health status and other things of various linux servers and send an email to a list of people." I can make shell scripts for individual servers but how to make a script that will check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csrohit
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Thompson MSH(mini-shell)

Hi Guys! Recently, I disassemble the MSH. And reconstructed. I thought maybe somebody wants to see looked like a second shell. In practice, the most ancient shell. It is written in assembler (AT&T). Owner Ken Thompson, Dennis Ritchie. mov $parbuf,r1 mov $parp,r2 clr r3 jsr pc,blank... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLbS
0 Replies
AUSYSCALL:(8)						  System Administration Utilities					     AUSYSCALL:(8)

NAME
ausyscall - a program that allows mapping syscall names and numbers SYNOPSIS
ausyscall [arch] name | number | --dump | --exact DESCRIPTION
ausyscall is a program that prints out the mapping from syscall name to number and reverse for the given arch. The arch can be anything returned by `uname -m`. If arch is not given, the program will take a guess based on the running image. You may give the syscall name or number and it will find the opposite. You can also dump the whole table with the --dump option. By default a syscall name lookup will be a substring match meaning that it will try to match all occurrences of the given name with syscalls. So giving a name of chown will match both fchown and chown as any other syscall with chown in its name. If this behavior is not desired, pass the --exact flag and it will do an exact string match. This program can be used to verify syscall numbers on a biarch platform for rule optimization. For example, suppose you had an auditctl rule: -a always, exit -S open -F exit=-EPERM -k fail-open If you wanted to verify that both 32 and 64 bit programs would be audited, run "ausyscall i386 open" and then "ausyscall x86_64 open". Look at the returned numbers. If they are different, you will have to write two auditctl rules to get complete coverage. -a always,exit -F arch=b32 -S open -F exit=-EPERM -k fail-open -a always,exit -F arch=b64 -S open -F exit=-EPERM -k fail-open For more information about a specific syscall, use the man program and pass the number 2 as an argument to make sure that you get the syscall information rather than a shell script program or glibc function call of the same name. For example, if you wanted to learn about the open syscall, type: man 2 open. OPTIONS
--dump Print all syscalls for the given arch --exact Instead of doing a partial word match, match the given syscall name exactly. SEE ALSO
ausearch(8), auditctl(8). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Nov 2008 AUSYSCALL:(8)