Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: two computers one internet
Special Forums IP Networking two computers one internet Post 76893 by dragos on Friday 1st of July 2005 10:12:05 AM
Old 07-01-2005
two computers one internet

i have a computer (sempron 2200+) with Suse 9.3 and another computer with windows 98 (PI 233 Mhz). I'm connect first computer (with Suse) on the Internet through ethernet but second computers in not connect. How can connect second computers on the internet (with 3 network card...two on the first computer (with suse) and one for the second computer(with windows)
I have static IP: 169.254.xxx.xxx
net mask: 255.255.0.0
gtw: 169.254.xxx.xxx
two DNS: 193.226.xxx.xxx
193.226.xxx.xxx
10X

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

two computers - one modem

I have two mashines with RedHat 8.0......they connected with cross over cabel...I want use both mashines for Internet, but modem has only first computer... Maybe..through gateway ?.... What must i do for it ?...... sorry for my terrible english.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennywize
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using other computers for processing

Hello I've wrote a C++ program which does some mathematical calculations, but the problem is that it takes way too long on any computer to finish. Is there anyway to make more than 1 computer do the processing so it can process faster? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arya6000
5 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

How Many Computers Do You Have At Home?

Here is an easy one. Count the number of desktops and servers you have running at home, including your home office if you have one. Don't count those that are in storage or you rarely use, count the ones that are powered on most, if not all, of the day (and night). (86 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
86 Replies

4. Linux

SFTP an internet address from a system behind an internet proxy

I was wondering if it is possible to setup SFTP to go through the internet proxy while connecting to an internet location. Problem: Client system is behind internet proxy. SFTP to any internet location fails as there is no documented way to configure SFTP to connect to internet locations through... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toobrown1
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Track availability of computers

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I must write a program that records the availability of computers. For the argument i have to give him a file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: petel1
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

Problem in eth0 and eth1 sharing internet with other computers

hellow everbody. iam using 32 bit centos 6.2 on my desktop and iam new to linux. i have eth0 and eth1 on my desktop. so i have some problems i have menson here: i have edited: etc/sysctl.conf net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1 and i have edited iptables too # iptables -t nat -A... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruhang
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Rcp between 2 computers

Hi, I need to rcp heavy files between 2 solaris 10/sparc M3000 computers. Currently theses 2 computers are linked via a switch/firewall and the rcp commands take a very long time, I have been told that this is because of the firewall (old one). I asked my client to by a cross ethernet cable and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
2 Replies
CHRONY(1)							   User's Manual							 CHRONY(1)

NAME
chrony - programs for keeping computer clocks accurate SYNOPSIS
chronyc [OPTIONS] chronyd [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
chrony is a pair of programs for keeping computer clocks accurate. chronyd is a background (daemon) program and chronyc is a command-line interface to it. Time reference sources for chronyd can be RFC1305 NTP servers, human (via keyboard and chronyc), or the computer's real- time clock at boot time (Linux only). chronyd can determine the rate at which the computer gains or loses time and compensate for it while no external reference is present. Its use of NTP servers can be switched on and off (through chronyc) to support computers with dial- up/intermittent access to the Internet, and it can also act as an RFC1305-compatible NTP server. USAGE
chronyc is a command-line interface program which can be used to monitor chronyd's performance and to change various operating parameters whilst it is running. chronyd's main function is to obtain measurements of the true (UTC) time from one of several sources, and correct the system clock accord- ingly. It also works out the rate at which the system clock gains or loses time and uses this information to keep it accurate between mea- surements from the reference. The reference time can be derived from either Network Time Protocol (NTP) servers, reference clocks, or wristwatch-and-keyboard (via chronyc). The main source of information about the Network Time Protocol is http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp. It is designed so that it can work on computers which only have intermittent access to reference sources, for example computers which use a dial-up account to access the Internet. Of course, it will work on computers with permanent connections too. In addition, for Linux 2.0.x (for x >= 32) or 2.2 onwards, chronyd can monitor the system's real time clock performance, so the system can maintain accurate time even across reboots. Typical accuracies available between 2 machines are On an ethernet LAN : 100-200 microseconds, often much better On a V32bis dial-up modem connection : 10's of milliseconds (from one session to the next) With a good reference clock the accuracy can reach one microsecond. chronyd can also operate as an RFC1305-compatible NTP server and peer. SEE ALSO
chronyc(1), chrony(1) http://chrony.tuxfamily.org/ AUTHOR
Richard Curnow <rc@rc0.org.uk> This man-page was written by Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org> as part of "The Missing Man Pages Project". Please see http://www.netmeister.org/misc/m2p2/index.html for details. The complete chrony documentation is supplied in texinfo format. chrony December 04, 2009 CHRONY(1)