Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remote File Manipulation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remote File Manipulation Post 76875 by farmacy on Friday 1st of July 2005 08:36:46 AM
Old 07-01-2005
Thanks for the reply

Multiple files can co-exist quite happily as they are imported and processed by SAGE individually.

Once they have been processed I need to rename or move them automatically.
Ideally SAGE would do this but they seem ti discouarage easy comms between other packages.

I suppose I could mount the dos drive and run a Cron to examine the directory for files modified today or within a different time-slot. The files would normally be exported onto Windows PC on the previous night say at 23:00 hours.

Richard

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Manipulation

Hi, I am trying to manipulate a file that looks something like below: ! 7788 |778855 |SCOTT | ! 7782 |778223 |CLARK | ! 7902 |790245 |FORD | ! 7698 |7698455 |BLAKE | ! 7934 |79345767 |MILLER | ! 7844 |784 |TURNER |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File manipulation

To all Guru I have a file like test.txt 111,122,212,123 data11,date12, data13, data14...data1n data21,date22, data23, data24...data2n data31,date32, data33, data34...data3n ... ... .. datan1,daten2, datan3, datan4...datann END I have to load this data into oracle , where first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: u263066
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Manipulation

i have a CSV file with 2 columns Fund,Shares 1,100 2,150 3,190 The file is named as AccountNumber.txt(14888.txt,189879.txt...) That files shows the funds in that account I want to create a flat file with accountnumber as one more column since i need accountnumber also.The accoutnnumber... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kris01752
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File manipulation

Legends, Please help me to get the following I have a file abc.txt with the following contents 12 13 14 15 And, i want to get the output to a variable like below 12,13,14,15 .... How do i do this? Regards, san Please use code tags when posting data and code samples! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File manipulation

Hello, I have a file of which six lines are given below: <a="b" value="N"/> <a="c" value="x1"/> <a="b" value="N"/> <a="c" value="x2"/> <a="b" value="Y"/> <a="c" value="x3"/> I need one file with all the lines just below where value="N"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records from 1 file based on some manipulation doen on second file

Hi, I am looking for an awk script which should help me to meet the following requirement: File1 has records in following format INF: FAILEd RECORD AB1234 INF: FAILEd RECORD PQ1145 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB3215 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB6114 ............................ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mintu41
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to convert a text file to CSV file with some string manipulation

Hi , I have a simple text file with contents as below: 12345678900 971,76 4234560890 22345678900 5971,72 5234560990 32345678900 71,12 6234560190 the new csv-file should be like: Column1;Column2;Column3;Column4;Column5 123456;78900;971,76;423456;0890... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: FreddyDaKing
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Populating File data with custom manipulation on file names

Hi, I am confused how to proceed firther please find the problem below: Input Files: DCIA_GEOG_DATA_OCEAN.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_MCRO.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_CVAS.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_MCR.TXT Output File Name: MMA_RFC_GEOG_NAM_DIM_LOD.txt Sample Record(DCIA_GEOG_DATA_OCEAN.TXT):(Layout same for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Manipulation

Hi All! Please I wonder if I can have some help using awk and sed to extract some information. If I do ls -lrt in a directory, a list of files of months with their respective dates will appear, like files from january, February... etc, But if I want to list only files of 26th of June, I got... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store remote variable from remote cat file ??

I am trying to cat on a file located on remote server and assign it to remote variable. I have both local and remote variables. Running below script from local. test.sh J_NAME=XXX2 J_IP=XXX ssh $J_IP "ps auxw |grep java | grep -v grep |grep $J_NAME | awk '{print ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
2 Replies
DPKG-REPACK(1)						      General Commands Manual						    DPKG-REPACK(1)

NAME
dpkg-repack - put an unpacked .deb file back together SYNOPSIS
dpkg-repack [--root=dir] [--arch=architecture] [--generate] packagename [packagename ...] DESCRIPTION
dpkg-repack creates a .deb file out of a Debian package that has already been installed on your system. If any changes have been made to the package while it was unpacked (ie, conffiles files in /etc modified), the new package will inherit the changes. (There are exceptions to this, including changes to configuration files that are not conffiles, including those managed by ucf.) This utility can make it easy to copy packages from one computer to another, or to recreate packages that are installed on your system, but no longer available elsewhere. Note: dpkg-repack will place the created package in the current directory. OPTIONS
--root=dir Take package from filesystem rooted on <dir>. This is useful if, for example, you have another computer nfs mounted on /mnt, then you can use --root=/mnt to reassemble packages from that computer. --arch=architecture Make the package be for a different architecture. dpkg-repack cannot tell if an installed package is architecture all or is spe- cific to the system's architecture, so by default it uses dpkg --print-architecture to determine the build architecture. If you know the package is architecture all, you can use this option to force dpkg-repack to use the right architecture. --generate Generate a temporary directory suitable for building a package from, but do not actually create the package. This is useful if you want to move files around in the package before building it. The package can be built from this temporary directory by running "dpkg --build", passing it the generated directory. packagename The name of the package to attempt to repack. Multiple packages can be listed. BUGS
This program accesses the dpkg database directly in places, querying for data that cannot be gotten via dpkg. There is a tricky situation that can occur if you dpkg-repack a package that has modified conffiles. The modified conffiles are packed up. Now if you install the package, dpkg does not realize that the conffiles in it are modified. So if you later upgrade to a new version of the package, dpkg will believe that the old (repacked) package has older conffiles than the new version, and will silently replace the conffiles with those in the package you are upgrading to. While dpkg-repack can be run under fakeroot and will work most of the time, fakeroot -u must be used if any of the files to be repacked are owned by non-root users. Otherwise the package will have them owned by root. dpkg-repack will warn if you run it under fakeroot without the -u flag. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> DEBIAN
Debian Utilities DPKG-REPACK(1)