Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remote File Manipulation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remote File Manipulation Post 76865 by google on Friday 1st of July 2005 07:00:00 AM
Old 07-01-2005
Can multiple files be loaded at a single time? That is, can a user kick off 1 process, and at the same time, another user kick off a different process?

Add a different file extension (.loaded or something to that effect) and the date & time stamp to the file once it has been loaded. Also, move the file out of the current dirrectory and into one that holds "loaded" files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Manipulation

Hi, I am trying to manipulate a file that looks something like below: ! 7788 |778855 |SCOTT | ! 7782 |778223 |CLARK | ! 7902 |790245 |FORD | ! 7698 |7698455 |BLAKE | ! 7934 |79345767 |MILLER | ! 7844 |784 |TURNER |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File manipulation

To all Guru I have a file like test.txt 111,122,212,123 data11,date12, data13, data14...data1n data21,date22, data23, data24...data2n data31,date32, data33, data34...data3n ... ... .. datan1,daten2, datan3, datan4...datann END I have to load this data into oracle , where first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: u263066
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Manipulation

i have a CSV file with 2 columns Fund,Shares 1,100 2,150 3,190 The file is named as AccountNumber.txt(14888.txt,189879.txt...) That files shows the funds in that account I want to create a flat file with accountnumber as one more column since i need accountnumber also.The accoutnnumber... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kris01752
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File manipulation

Legends, Please help me to get the following I have a file abc.txt with the following contents 12 13 14 15 And, i want to get the output to a variable like below 12,13,14,15 .... How do i do this? Regards, san Please use code tags when posting data and code samples! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File manipulation

Hello, I have a file of which six lines are given below: <a="b" value="N"/> <a="c" value="x1"/> <a="b" value="N"/> <a="c" value="x2"/> <a="b" value="Y"/> <a="c" value="x3"/> I need one file with all the lines just below where value="N"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records from 1 file based on some manipulation doen on second file

Hi, I am looking for an awk script which should help me to meet the following requirement: File1 has records in following format INF: FAILEd RECORD AB1234 INF: FAILEd RECORD PQ1145 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB3215 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB6114 ............................ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mintu41
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to convert a text file to CSV file with some string manipulation

Hi , I have a simple text file with contents as below: 12345678900 971,76 4234560890 22345678900 5971,72 5234560990 32345678900 71,12 6234560190 the new csv-file should be like: Column1;Column2;Column3;Column4;Column5 123456;78900;971,76;423456;0890... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: FreddyDaKing
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Populating File data with custom manipulation on file names

Hi, I am confused how to proceed firther please find the problem below: Input Files: DCIA_GEOG_DATA_OCEAN.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_MCRO.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_CVAS.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_MCR.TXT Output File Name: MMA_RFC_GEOG_NAM_DIM_LOD.txt Sample Record(DCIA_GEOG_DATA_OCEAN.TXT):(Layout same for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Manipulation

Hi All! Please I wonder if I can have some help using awk and sed to extract some information. If I do ls -lrt in a directory, a list of files of months with their respective dates will appear, like files from january, February... etc, But if I want to list only files of 26th of June, I got... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store remote variable from remote cat file ??

I am trying to cat on a file located on remote server and assign it to remote variable. I have both local and remote variables. Running below script from local. test.sh J_NAME=XXX2 J_IP=XXX ssh $J_IP "ps auxw |grep java | grep -v grep |grep $J_NAME | awk '{print ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
2 Replies
AA-STATUS(8)							     AppArmor							      AA-STATUS(8)

NAME
aa-status - display various information about the current AppArmor policy. SYNOPSIS
aa-status [option] DESCRIPTION
aa-status will report various aspects of the current state of AppArmor confinement. By default, it displays the same information as if the --verbose argument were given. A sample of what this looks like is: apparmor module is loaded. 110 profiles are loaded. 102 profiles are in enforce mode. 8 profiles are in complain mode. Out of 129 processes running: 13 processes have profiles defined. 8 processes have profiles in enforce mode. 5 processes have profiles in complain mode. Other argument options are provided to report individual aspects, to support being used in scripts. OPTIONS
aa-status accepts only one argument at a time out of: --enabled returns error code if AppArmor is not enabled. --profiled displays the number of loaded AppArmor policies. --enforced displays the number of loaded enforcing AppArmor policies. --complaining displays the number of loaded non-enforcing AppArmor policies. --verbose displays multiple data points about loaded AppArmor policy set (the default action if no arguments are given). --help displays a short usage statement. BUGS
aa-status must be run as root to read the state of the loaded policy from the apparmor module. It uses the /proc filesystem to determine which processes are confined and so is susceptible to race conditions. Upon exiting, aa-status will set its return value to the following values: 0 if apparmor is enabled and policy is loaded. 1 if apparmor is not enabled/loaded. 2 if apparmor is enabled but no policy is loaded. 3 if the apparmor control files aren't available under /sys/kernel/security/. 4 if the user running the script doesn't have enough privileges to read the apparmor control files. If you find any additional bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 AA-STATUS(8)