Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pine username return address
Special Forums IP Networking pine username return address Post 7686 by Andy Hibbins on Saturday 29th of September 2001 01:00:44 PM
Old 09-29-2001
Hi,

Setting up different roles should solve your problem.

Open pine then type: S R R or select Setup, Rules, Roles

This will then bring you to the roles screen, you'll then need to press A to add a role.

All you need to set is your nickname, "Set From (your email address)",
"Reply use", "Forward use", "Compose use".
Normally I select "With confirmation" for the use settings.
You may also want to set up a different signature for your different roles.

Press E to confirm your changes then continue adding roles as required.

Andy H

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Return IP address

Not sure whether this is an appropriate request, however, Using C++ code I'm running a unix command from the pc that needs the IP address of the PC in order to set the DISPLAY variable. The code is written using Builder C++ (Borland) but I'm having difficulty finding what functions / header... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

return IP address

Hi, If my IP address is 192.29.0.131 I want output _0_131 # /sbin/ifconfig | grep "inet addr" | grep 192 | cut -d "." -f3 0 I have tried the above and I get third digit. I want forth digit as well separated by underscore. Or is there any better approach? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Hostname and Return IP Address

Dear Experts, I have a text file on my itanium box which contains list of nearly 1000 hostnames. I do not have the IP Address of them. I want read each entry from the text file and want to do a nslookup to the DNS Server and get the IP Adresses and put them in another file in the format... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate an IP address - Return to menu

hi! I need a script that, among other things, presents a menu to the user, checks the user input for an IP address (in quad dotted notation), and then "redirects" (with sed) that IP address to the Firewall script. The script must check that all of the inputs are valid IP addresses (numeric,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zetetic
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Set default return address for all mails sent from mailx

Hi, I have a question about mailx in Red Hat: If I use 'mail userid@mydomain.com -- -f root@mydomain.com', the return mail address will be root@mydomain.com. How can I make all mails sent from this system use root@mydomain.com as return address by default? Thank you in advance! nz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Id command does not return correct username

On server1 the "id" command works fine and returns "myuser" user as was expected. Below are the details of the good server. $ id -nu 501 myuser $ cat /etc/system-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.6 (Maipo) $ uname -a Linux server1 3.10.0-957.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Oct 4... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies
roles(1)							   User Commands							  roles(1)

NAME
roles - print roles granted to a user SYNOPSIS
roles [ user ...] DESCRIPTION
The command roles prints on standard output the roles that you or the optionally-specified user have been granted. Roles are special accounts that correspond to a functional responsibility rather than to an actual person (referred to as a normal user). Each user may have zero or more roles. Roles have most of the attributes of normal users and are identified like normal users in passwd(4) and shadow(4). Each role must have an entry in the user_attr(4) file that identifies it as a role. Roles can have their own authorizations and profiles. See auths(1) and profiles(1). Roles are not allowed to log into a system as a primary user. Instead, a user must log in as him-- or herself and assume the role. The actions of a role are attributable to the normal user. When auditing is enabled, the audited events of the role contain the audit ID of the original user who assumed the role. A role may not assume itself or any other role. Roles are not hierarchical. However, rights profiles (see prof_attr(4)) are hierarchical and can be used to achieve the same effect as hierarchical roles. Roles must have valid passwords and one of the shells that interprets profiles: either pfcsh, pfksh, or pfsh. See pfexec(1). Role assumption may be performed using su(1M), rlogin(1), or some other service that supports the PAM_RUSER variable. Successful assumption requires knowledge of the role's password and membership in the role. Role assignments are specified in user_attr(4). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample output The output of the roles command has the following form: example% roles tester01 tester02 tester01 : admin tester02 : secadmin, root example% EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/user_attr /etc/security/auth_attr /etc/security/prof_attr ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
auths(1), pfexec(1), profiles(1), rlogin(1), su(1M), getauusernam(3BSM), auth_attr(4), passwd(4), prof_attr(4), shadow(4), user_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Feb 2001 roles(1)