Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming auto update on directory change Post 7677 by Neo on Saturday 29th of September 2001 10:13:58 AM
Old 09-29-2001
I suggest you look at opening the approproate directory and use the FD with select. Reading the select man page will help you formulate the strategy and algorithm.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto change filemanager folder colors dependent on location in directory hierarchy

Hello, Is it possible to make a file manager use different "colored folders" when browsing specific directories? For example, if I open a gnome file manager and browse my windows share at, smb://192.168.1.101/z/ , can I make those folders appear green? And when I open another instance of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bz43
0 Replies

2. Web Development

How to auto update html page

is there any way to auto update html page. I created html page entry.html, whenever i change in html script i need to refresh my page. If not in html, can we do this in any other language and how? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RohitKJ
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto change x screen and execute script

Hi there, I've been looking all day, but could not find anything helpfull, so I hope you can help me. When my system now starts up, the Xwindow is automaticly started and i get the log on screen (which is x screen 7 if I'm correct) Now what I would like is on startup that instead of going to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Wonderke
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

script to change widows update permissions

I want to allow windows update when ordinary users are logged on, I'm pretty sure that adjusting the permissions registry entry HEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/WindowsUpdate to allow acces to all domins users does the trick. I already have a logon.bat that runs at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Update users password change time

Hello - Is this possible on Unix machines? Can we update user password change time? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju--
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto Version update

We have a version for every file like RHZ 1.0 / Ver 1.4.2 etc. Whenever I place a new file with same file name i want the version to get auto upgraded. So can anyone suggest code.. Eg: RHX 1.0 -> RHZ 1.1 Ver 1.4.2. -> Ver 1.4.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna87
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command

I am trying to do the following task : export ENV=aaa export ENV_PATH=$(cd /apps | ls | grep $ENV) However, it's not working. What's the way to change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Auto IP Change

Hi, I am newbie to Linux/Asterisk. I am trying to write a shell script that would look for my SIP trunk registration, if found UNREACHABLE then it would execute a command and check my local IP, if my local IP is 192.168.1.106 then it would change the IP to 192.168.1.150 and vice versa, after... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeetz
8 Replies
select.h(3HEAD) 						      Headers							   select.h(3HEAD)

NAME
select.h, select - select types SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/select.h> DESCRIPTION
The <sys/select.h> header defines the timeval structure, which includes the following members: time_t tv_sec /* seconds */ suseconds_t tv_usec /* microseconds */ The time_t and suseconds_t types are defined as described in <sys/types.h>. See types.h(3HEAD). The sigset_t type is defined as described in signal.h(3HEAD). The timespec structure is defined as described in <time.h>. See time.h(3HEAD). The <sys/select.h> header defines the fd_set type as a structure. The following is defined as a macro: FD_SETSIZE Maximum number of file descriptors in an fd_set structure. Inclusion of the <sys/select.h> header can make visible all symbols from the headers <signal.h>, <sys/time.h>, and <time.h>. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
select(3C), signal.h(3HEAD), time.h(3HEAD), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Sep 2004 select.h(3HEAD)