Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Change to a new working directory... Post 76671 by jagannatha on Wednesday 29th of June 2005 04:14:14 PM
Old 06-29-2005
Hi vino,

Thanks heaps I tried your advise, but I keep getting -bash: ../stpth: No such file or directory.

it will only run when I use stpth without any path indications.

I am using Linux/bash.

I see what you mean about the seperate shell, not the original shell having the directory changed.

I will keep trying for an answer.
Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time change not working...

Hi, I am pretty new to the Solaris world. Just installed the version 8 and found that the time is off. I am in the Central time zone. In the beginning, the date and time was off by a day. After changing the /etc/default/init, there is no avail. The date is now correct but the time is still 5 hours... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: conflansun
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change working directories in perl?

i am new to perl. i am writing a perl script. i want to know how to change the working directories? for ex. i have a perl script in c:\proj\ . i want to run this script in this directory but i need my script to change its working directory to D:\xyz\ dynamically in the script. your help is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change current working directory for dbx on UNIX?

How to change current working directory for dbx on UNIX? means I'll run pgm from one directory , but getcwd() should return path which I want to be, which is not d current dir :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: login0001
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I change the minimum working frequency ?

The file /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_frequency reads a value of 800 Mhz . The powertop tool also suggested that 800 Mhz w3as the minimum frequency being used . I changed the above-mentioned file to 1.6 GHz and monitored powertop tool again . To my surprise, it still said that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
3 Replies

5. Linux

DST Time Change for positive timezones not working

I was doing timezone and DST testing which is required for some of my products Here is the strange behaviour i observed First i did set the timezone to PST 2010 (which is less than GMT basically negative timezone) zdump -v /etc/localtime |grep 2010 /etc/localtime Sun Mar 14 09:59:59... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravindra1103
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP mget * not working after change directory -cd

Hi everyone, I have an Linux FTP script to get files from different AS400 mailboxes and store in different local directories. I had to use mget * option becuase there is no fixed destination file name means filename can change. The following FTP script is working fine if we have single file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oravikiran
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change database directory to another directory?

Hi, I Installed mysql on my CentOS 6.2 Server. But when I tried to change the location of /var/lib/mysql to another directory. I can't start the mysql. Below is what I've done yum install mysql mysql-server mysql-devel mkdir /path/to/new/ cp -R /var/lib/mysql /path/to/new chown -R... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganitolngyundre
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command

I am trying to do the following task : export ENV=aaa export ENV_PATH=$(cd /apps | ls | grep $ENV) However, it's not working. What's the way to change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Change delimiter is not working using awk

I have file 2.txt and I want to change the delimiter form , to : Not sure what is the problem with below command cat 2.txt 1,a 2,b 3,d awk 'BEGIN {FS=",";OFS=":";} {print $0}' 2.txt Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsi.valiveti
11 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux