Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to monitor pty
Operating Systems AIX How to monitor pty Post 76655 by zylwyz on Wednesday 29th of June 2005 02:36:02 PM
Old 06-29-2005
Use `ps ax`, more help: `man ps`

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

good example for pty usage ?

i am looking for a good example to explain *why* someone should use pty's. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: grumpf
3 Replies

2. Linux

Server refused to allocate pty in linux

Hi, I am getting this error "Server refused to allocate pty" and Not able to login and I have to restart the server, this works fine for one day again 2 nd day when I am trying to login I am getting this error "Server refused to allocate pty", Can any body suggest me how to resolve this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use of tty and pty files

Hi, According to my understanding tty files that are available in /dev directory are terminals that are given to different users. please help me understand what are /pty files, like are they drivers to the devices.. also is the default tty terminal given to a user.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server refused to allocate pty

I know there is a thread on the subject but is not related to solaris so I am posting this question for help I have a solaris 8 machine. I can log in through the console but when trying to log in through putty/telnet after accepting username and password it gives the follwing error "Server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

5. Programming

Race condition with PTY

I've been experimenting with pseudo-terminals and found something I don't quite understand. Writing an EOF character to the master end doesn't work quite as I expect. Once I've written any other data, the master pty seems to treat a single ^D as a seperator, i.e. writing "abcabc" would let cat do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corona688
1 Replies

6. Solaris

PTY allocation request failed on channel 0

Hello Admins, Anybody faced this issue while logging through ssh on solaris: I am getting this error now. I was able to logged in before. Now I am getting this error. Any idea? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH w/ command in authorized_keys apparently needs pty

I'm trying to have an unattended remote PC log some data on home PC. man sshd says I should be able to put a command in authorized_keys. This is what I have on the remote machine. The key is a special key that isn't used elsewhere. In my ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file on my desktop:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
12 Replies

8. Hardware

Fedora 16 dual monitor - dual head - automatic monitor shutdown

Hi, I am experiencing troubles with dual monitors in fedora 16. During boot time both monitors are working, but when system starts one monitor automatically shut down. It happend out of the blue. Some time before when I updated system this happend but then I booted older kernel release and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)						     Debhelper						     DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)

NAME
       dh_installmanpages - old-style man page installer (deprecated)

SYNOPSIS
       dh_installmanpages [debhelperoptions] [file...]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_installmanpages is a debhelper program that is responsible for automatically installing man pages into usr/share/man/ in package build
       directories.

This is a DWIM-style program, with an interface unlike the rest of debhelper. It is deprecated, and you are encouraged to use
       dh_installman(1) instead.

dh_installmanpages scans the current directory and all subdirectories for filenames that look like man pages. (Note that only real files
       are looked at; symlinks are ignored.) It uses file(1) to verify that the files are in the correct format. Then, based on the files'
       extensions, it installs them into the correct man directory.

All filenames specified as parameters will be skipped by dh_installmanpages.  This is useful if by default it installs some man pages that
       you do not want to be installed.

After the man page installation step, dh_installmanpages will check to see if any of the man pages are .so links. If so, it changes them to
       symlinks.

OPTIONS
       file ...
	   Do not install these files as man pages, even if they look like valid man pages.

BUGS
       dh_installmanpages will install the man pages it finds into all packages you tell it to act on, since it can't tell what package the man
       pages belong in. This is almost never what you really want (use -p to work around this, or use the much better dh_installman(1) program
       instead).

Files ending in .man will be ignored.

Files specified as parameters that contain spaces in their filenames will not be processed properly.

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10						     DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)