Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Directory create date
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Directory create date Post 76605 by Bab00shka on Wednesday 29th of June 2005 10:42:11 AM
Old 06-29-2005
Thank-you
Helen

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create directory named current date

Since this site solved my problems before, I am back for more (solutions) I down load via a script every day a file that has the same name as the file of the day before. I want to move that file to its own directory like: /archive/jul30 How do I capture the systems date in a script an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flowrats
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to create directory with the previous date

I need some help to complet the below script: DATE1=`date "+%d"` #DATE2=`expr $DATE1 - 1` #DATE3=$DATE2`date "+%m%y"` DATE4=`date "+%a"` if ; then DATE2=`expr $DATE1 - 3` else DATE2=`expr $DATE1 - 1` fi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhusha
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Year directory, date subdirectory and archive the file

Hi, After checking all the UNIX threads, I am able to come up with a solution so far. I am working on a shell script where it moves the files to a certain directory. The conditions to check are 1) Check if the file exists in the current directory. 2) Check if the destination directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a directory using current date

Hi, I have a question, is there any way I can, when i create a directory, put the current date on it so that the directory name will be "name-current date"? just curious (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aric87
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a directory named as the current date

I am preparing a shell script to backup a few config files on a daily basis, with a retention of 30 days. Need some help with syntax/examples: The shell script (running as cron) would require the following: 1. create a sub-directory within a specified (backup) directory, in the format... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FeNiCrC_Neil
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a directory with previous date

Hi All, can any body tell me how to create a new directory with previous time stamp in HP-UX?. e.g i am creating a file liketouch -t 07022013 kkk -rw-r----- 1 feeds sys 0 Jul 2 20:13 kkksame how can i create a directory? please help me. Thanks & Regards, Krupa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Date in the file with Create date and timestamp

Hello, I have files that with a naming convention as shown below. Some of the files have dates in the file name and some of them don't have dates in the file name. imap-hp-import-20150917.txt imap-dell-gec-import-20150901.txt imap-cvs-import-20150915.txt imap-gec-import.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to create new directory by date followed by identifier and additional subdirectories

I have a bash that downloads a list and if that list has data in it then a new main directory is created (with the date) with several subdirectories (example1, example2, example3). My question is in that list there are portion of specific file types (.vcf.gz) - identifier towards the end that have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
Template::Plugin::Date(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Template::Plugin::Date(3pm)

NAME
Template::Plugin::Date - Plugin to generate formatted date strings SYNOPSIS
[% USE date %] # use current time and default format [% date.format %] # specify time as seconds since epoch # or as a 'h:m:s d-m-y' or 'y-m-d h:m:s' string [% date.format(960973980) %] [% date.format('4:20:36 21/12/2000') %] [% date.format('2000/12/21 4:20:36') %] # specify format [% date.format(mytime, '%H:%M:%S') %] # specify locale [% date.format(date.now, '%a %d %b %y', 'en_GB') %] # named parameters [% date.format(mytime, format = '%H:%M:%S') %] [% date.format(locale = 'en_GB') %] [% date.format(time = date.now, format = '%H:%M:%S', locale = 'en_GB) %] # specify default format to plugin [% USE date(format = '%H:%M:%S', locale = 'de_DE') %] [% date.format %] ... DESCRIPTION
The "Date" plugin provides an easy way to generate formatted time and date strings by delegating to the "POSIX" "strftime()" routine. The plugin can be loaded via the familiar USE directive. [% USE date %] This creates a plugin object with the default name of '"date"'. An alternate name can be specified as such: [% USE myname = date %] The plugin provides the "format()" method which accepts a time value, a format string and a locale name. All of these parameters are optional with the current system time, default format ('"%H:%M:%S %d-%b-%Y"') and current locale being used respectively, if undefined. Default values for the time, format and/or locale may be specified as named parameters in the "USE" directive. [% USE date(format = '%a %d-%b-%Y', locale = 'fr_FR') %] When called without any parameters, the "format()" method returns a string representing the current system time, formatted by "strftime()" according to the default format and for the default locale (which may not be the current one, if locale is set in the "USE" directive). [% date.format %] The plugin allows a time/date to be specified as seconds since the epoch, as is returned by "time()". File last modified: [% date.format(filemod_time) %] The time/date can also be specified as a string of the form "h:m:s d/m/y" or "y/m/d h:m:s". Any of the characters : / - or space may be used to delimit fields. [% USE day = date(format => '%A', locale => 'en_GB') %] [% day.format('4:20:00 9-13-2000') %] Output: Tuesday A format string can also be passed to the "format()" method, and a locale specification may follow that. [% date.format(filemod, '%d-%b-%Y') %] [% date.format(filemod, '%d-%b-%Y', 'en_GB') %] A fourth parameter allows you to force output in GMT, in the case of seconds-since-the-epoch input: [% date.format(filemod, '%d-%b-%Y', 'en_GB', 1) %] Note that in this case, if the local time is not GMT, then also specifying '%Z' (time zone) in the format parameter will lead to an extremely misleading result. Any or all of these parameters may be named. Positional parameters should always be in the order "($time, $format, $locale)". [% date.format(format => '%H:%M:%S') %] [% date.format(time => filemod, format => '%H:%M:%S') %] [% date.format(mytime, format => '%H:%M:%S') %] [% date.format(mytime, format => '%H:%M:%S', locale => 'fr_FR') %] [% date.format(mytime, format => '%H:%M:%S', gmt => 1) %] ...etc... The "now()" method returns the current system time in seconds since the epoch. [% date.format(date.now, '%A') %] The "calc()" method can be used to create an interface to the "Date::Calc" module (if installed on your system). [% calc = date.calc %] [% calc.Monday_of_Week(22, 2001).join('/') %] The "manip()" method can be used to create an interface to the "Date::Manip" module (if installed on your system). [% manip = date.manip %] [% manip.UnixDate("Noon Yesterday","%Y %b %d %H:%M") %] AUTHORS
Thierry-Michel Barral wrote the original plugin. Andy Wardley provided some minor fixups/enhancements, a test script and documentation. Mark D. Mills cloned "Date::Manip" from the "Date::Calc" sub-plugin. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2007 Thierry-Michel Barral, Andy Wardley. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template::Plugin, POSIX perl v5.14.2 2012-01-13 Template::Plugin::Date(3pm)