Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Directory create date
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Directory create date Post 76603 by Perderabo on Wednesday 29th of June 2005 10:38:38 AM
Old 06-29-2005
Creation date is not kept.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create directory named current date

Since this site solved my problems before, I am back for more (solutions) I down load via a script every day a file that has the same name as the file of the day before. I want to move that file to its own directory like: /archive/jul30 How do I capture the systems date in a script an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flowrats
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to create directory with the previous date

I need some help to complet the below script: DATE1=`date "+%d"` #DATE2=`expr $DATE1 - 1` #DATE3=$DATE2`date "+%m%y"` DATE4=`date "+%a"` if ; then DATE2=`expr $DATE1 - 3` else DATE2=`expr $DATE1 - 1` fi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhusha
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Year directory, date subdirectory and archive the file

Hi, After checking all the UNIX threads, I am able to come up with a solution so far. I am working on a shell script where it moves the files to a certain directory. The conditions to check are 1) Check if the file exists in the current directory. 2) Check if the destination directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a directory using current date

Hi, I have a question, is there any way I can, when i create a directory, put the current date on it so that the directory name will be "name-current date"? just curious (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aric87
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a directory named as the current date

I am preparing a shell script to backup a few config files on a daily basis, with a retention of 30 days. Need some help with syntax/examples: The shell script (running as cron) would require the following: 1. create a sub-directory within a specified (backup) directory, in the format... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FeNiCrC_Neil
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a directory with previous date

Hi All, can any body tell me how to create a new directory with previous time stamp in HP-UX?. e.g i am creating a file liketouch -t 07022013 kkk -rw-r----- 1 feeds sys 0 Jul 2 20:13 kkksame how can i create a directory? please help me. Thanks & Regards, Krupa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Date in the file with Create date and timestamp

Hello, I have files that with a naming convention as shown below. Some of the files have dates in the file name and some of them don't have dates in the file name. imap-hp-import-20150917.txt imap-dell-gec-import-20150901.txt imap-cvs-import-20150915.txt imap-gec-import.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to create new directory by date followed by identifier and additional subdirectories

I have a bash that downloads a list and if that list has data in it then a new main directory is created (with the date) with several subdirectories (example1, example2, example3). My question is in that list there are portion of specific file types (.vcf.gz) - identifier towards the end that have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)							 1						    DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)

DateTime::setISODate - Sets the ISO date

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::setISODate (int $year, int $week, [int $day = 1]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_isodate_set (DateTime $object, int $year, int $week, [int $day = 1]) Set a date according to the ISO 8601 standard - using weeks and day offsets rather than specific dates. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $year - Year of the date. o $week - Week of the date. o $day - Offset from the first day of the week. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Changed the return value on success from NULL to | | | DateTime. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.setISODate(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 2); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create(); date_isodate_set($date, 2008, 2); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d') . " "; date_isodate_set($date, 2008, 2, 7); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above examples will output: 2008-01-07 2008-01-13 Example #2 Values exceeding ranges are added to their parent values <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 8); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 53, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2008-01-13 2008-01-14 2009-01-04 Example #3 Finding the month a week is in <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 14); echo $date->format('n'); ?> The above examples will output: 3 SEE ALSO
DateTime.setDate(3), DateTime.setTime(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)