Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Renaming of multiple filenames Post 76532 by matrixmadhan on Wednesday 29th of June 2005 01:01:48 AM
Old 06-29-2005
that was a confusion

to rename from file* to flat* or
flat* or file*

anyway that was a good catch

i should have been even more careful

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming of multiple filenames

Hi All, I need to rename the multiple file names. I need to rename for example as follows bas100e1_jun05 to FLAT1 bas100e2_jun05 to FLAT2 bas100e18_jun05 to FLAT18 Please not that I can cut_jun05 from the filename. Madhan had helped with a similar kind of script. But this is a new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi_kiran_v
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract multiple cloumns from multiple files; skip rows and include filenames; awk

Hello, I am trying to write a bash shell script that does the following: 1.Finds all *.txt files within my directory of interest 2. reads each of the files (25 files) one by one (tab-delimited format and have the same data format) 3. skips the first 10 rows of the file 4. extracts and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishabh
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming Movies (or Flipping Portions of Filenames Using sed or awk)

Hey folks My problem is simple. For my first stash of movies, I used a naming convention of YEAR_MOVIE_NAME__QUALITY/ for each movie folder. For example, if I had a 1080p print of Minority Report, it would be 2002_Minority_Report__1080p/. The 2nd time around, I changed the naming convention... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

renaming filenames

I have 7 files with 7 different names coming into a specified folder on weekly basis, i need to pick a file one after another and load into oracle table using sql loader. I am using ksh to do this. So in the process if the file has error records and if sql loader fails to load into oracle tables,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpv0002
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mass renaming files with complex filenames

Hi, I've got files with names like this : _Some_Name_178_HD_.mp4 _Some_Name_-_496_Vost_SD_(720x400_XviD_MP3).avi Goffytofansub_Some name 483_HD.avi And iam trying to rename it with a regular pattern. My gola is this : Ep 178.mp4 Ep 496.avi Ep 483.avi I've tried using sed with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: VLaw
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming files & folder according to the similarities in filenames

hello does someone want to help me for this one ? i want to rename files & a folder according to the similarities in filenames for example : the file with the good name cglogo tougl1953 dgmel bogd 01 -- ttgductoog ggdté gollogtd.ext1the others files needed to be renamed cglogo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mc2z674gj
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and replace multiple strings in a file with multiple filenames in a file

Hi, I have a file containing list of strings like i: Pink Yellow Green and I have file having list of file names in a directory j : a b c d Where j contains of a ,b,c,d are as follows a: Pink (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madabhg
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming Filenames by replacing a part

Hi, I have little experience on Shell scripts, I searched the forum but couldn't make out what I want. I want to rename a set of files to a new file name a_b_20100101 c_d_20100101 ....................... ...................... I want to rename the files to a_b_20140101... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JaisonJ
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any way to cat multiple files and show filenames?

Hi, Is there any way to do a cat * where it shows the name of each file in the process? Similar to what more does below? $ more ?.sql :::::::::::::: 1.sql :::::::::::::: set linesize 200 select db_unique_name, cast( from_tz( cast(... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming files with Spaces in Filenames

Entry level scripter. Any help appreciated. for file in *; do rename '4321_' '' $file ; done Doesn't work for files with spaces in between FOr eg 4321_1004.dat is renamed to 1004.dat but 4321_1004 2008.dat stays the same (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davnavin
1 Replies
ISASET(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 ISASET(8)

NAME
isaset - set ISA registers SYNOPSIS
isaset [-y] [-W|-L] addrreg datareg address value [mask] #for I2C-like access isaset -f [-y] [-W|-L] address value [mask] #for flat address space DESCRIPTION
isaset is a small helper program to set registers visible through the ISA bus. OPTIONS
-f Enable flat address space mode. -y Disable interactive mode. By default, isaset will wait for a confirmation from the user before messing with the ISA bus. When this flag is used, it will perform the operation directly. This is mainly meant to be used in scripts. -W Perform a 16-bit write. -L Perform a 32-bit write. OPTIONS (I2C-like access mode) Four options must be provided to isaset. addrreg contains the ISA address of the address register for the chip to probe; datareg contains the address of the data register. Both addresses are integers between 0x0000 and 0x3FFF. Usually, if the chip's base address is 0x0nn0, the address register is at 0x0nn5 and the data register is at 0x0nn6. The most common base address for hardware monitoring chips is 0x0290. For Super-I/O chips, address register is typically at 0x2E with data register at 0x2F. The address and value parameters are two integers between 0x00 and 0xFF. isaset will write value value to address address. An optional mask can be provided as a fifth parameter, preserving unmasked bits at the written location. OPTIONS (flat address space mode) In flat mode, two parameters must be provided. address contains the ISA address of the register to write to; it is an integer between 0x0000 and 0xFFFF. Basically, it is the sum of the chip's base address and the chip register's address. isaset will write value value at this address. An optional mask can be provided as a third parameter, preserving unmasked bits at the written location. WARNING
Poking around in ISA data space is extremely dangerous. Running isaset with random parameters can cause system crashes, data loss, and worse! Be extremely careful when using this program. SEE ALSO
i2cset(8), isadump(8) AUTHOR
Mark D. Studebaker, and the lm_sensors group (http://www.lm-sensors.org/) This manual page was shamelessly ripped from the i2cset and isadump manual pages by Jean Delvare. April 2011 ISASET(8)