Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Page Breaks
Top Forums Programming Page Breaks Post 76503 by rama71 on Tuesday 28th of June 2005 03:01:19 PM
Old 06-28-2005
at -f $HOME/submit_test.shl now

submit_test.shl
/usr/bin/expect $HOME/test_ex.shl > $HOME/submit_test.log

test_ex.shl
spawn /app/test.shl

test.shl
$EXE_HOME/test -f -o $OUTPUT/test.lis

the last command will run the test.pc program and the output (test.lis) will have this extra page breaks if I run it directly from my folder there's no extra page breaks

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert page breaks into .csv file

I have large .csv files that I need to get page breaks into. I am taking comma delimited files of over a million records and putting them into a pdf file. Is there a way, using sed or otherwise, to insert some type of page break character into my file? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: welsht
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove page breaks from a flat file???

Hi All, I get a flat file with its last field data splitting onto a new line.I got this program from Vgersh which when run would cancatenate the split data back to the end of the previous records.But this program fails when it encounters a page break between the split data and the previous... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

lpr- how to print from page to page

hi all i have file_1 which contains 66 pages and i want to print only page 1 to 3 i try to write like this lp -d name_of_printer file_1 -P 1-7 this command does not work any ideas ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on page breaks

Hi, I am new to Unix (AIX). I have a header (in a text file) that needs to be wrtitten on all the pages of a result file (text file). After the header is written, data needs to be read from a file A(text file) and inserted to the result file. If the number of lines reaches 80 in a page, page... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simhasuri
1 Replies

5. Solaris

High Page In and Executable page In

Hi, Currently I'm experience very high page ins on my system running on solaris 10. From vmstat, the page ins figure is very high, further drill down shows the page ins are from file system and occassional spike in executable page ins. Details as follow: oracle@perch:/files>> vmstat 5... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srage
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display command output page per page

Good afternoon, I wonder how i could use unix commands to ease the reading of long command result output ? like the "php -i" or any other command that returns a long answer. I could not find the right terms to Google it or search the forum. Therefore I bother you with this question. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mat_k
3 Replies

7. Web Development

Page load time- local page

Hi Is there a way to calculate the page load time, I am trying to calculate the load time of a page locally. I found tools to do this over http or https but none that work locally. Any ideas? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print multiple copies page by page using lp command

Hi I have a pdf file that is being generated using the rwrun command in the shell script. I then have the lp command in the shell script to print the same pdf file. Suppose there are 4 pages in the pdf file , I need to print 2 copies of the first page, 2 copies of the second page , then 2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for adding page number before page breaks

Hi, If there is an expert that can help: I have many txt files that are produced from pdftotext that include page breaks the page breaks seem to be unix style hex 0C. I want to add page numbers before each page break as in : Page XXXX Regards antman (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: antman
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Page breaks and line breaks

Hi All, Need an urgent solution to an issue . We have created a ksh file or shell script which generates 1 DAT file. the DAT file contains extract of a select statement . Now the issue is , when we are executing the ksh file , the output is coimng with page breaks and line breaks . We have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaskant
4 Replies
pkgproto(1)							   User Commands						       pkgproto(1)

NAME
pkgproto - generate prototype file entries for input to pkgmk command SYNOPSIS
pkgproto [-i] [-c class] [path1] pkgproto [-i] [-c class] [path1=path2...] DESCRIPTION
pkgproto scans the indicated paths and generates prototype(4) file entries that may be used as input to the pkgmk(1) command. If no paths are specified on the command line, standard input is assumed to be a list of paths. If the pathname listed on the command line is a directory, the contents of the directory is searched. However, if input is read from stdin, a directory specified as a pathname will not be searched. OPTIONS
-i Ignores symbolic links and records the paths as ftype=f (a file) versus ftype=s (symbolic link). -c class Maps the class of all paths to class. OPERANDS
path1 Pathname where objects are located. path2 Pathname which should be substituted on output for path1. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of the use of pkgproto.1. The following two examples show uses of pkgproto and a partial listing of the output produced. Example 1: example% pkgproto /bin=bin /usr/bin=usrbin /etc=etc f none bin/sed=/bin/sed 0775 bin bin f none bin/sh=/bin/sh 0755 bin daemon f none bin/sort=/bin/sort 0755 bin bin f none usrbin/sdb=/usr/bin/sdb 0775 bin bin f none usrbin/shl=/usr/bin/shl 4755 bin bin d none etc/master.d 0755 root daemon f none etc/master.d/kernel=/etc/master.d/kernel 0644 root daemon f none etc/rc=/etc/rc 0744 root daemon Example 2: example% find / -type d -print | pkgproto d none / 755 root root d none /bin 755 bin bin d none /usr 755 root root d none /usr/bin 775 bin bin d none /etc 755 root root d none /tmp 777 root root EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkgmk(1), pkgparam(1), pkgtrans(1), prototype(4), attributes(5) Application Packaging Developer's Guide NOTES
By default, pkgproto creates symbolic link entries for any symbolic link encountered (ftype=s). When you use the -i option, pkgproto cre- ates a file entry for symbolic links (ftype=f). The prototype(4) file would have to be edited to assign such file types as v (volatile), e (editable), or x (exclusive directory). pkgproto detects linked files. If multiple files are linked together, the first path encountered is considered the source of the link. By default, pkgproto prints prototype entries on the standard output. However, the output should be saved in a file (named Prototype or prototype, for convenience) to be used as input to the pkgmk(1) command. SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 2000 pkgproto(1)