Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dominant Unix in production?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dominant Unix in production? Post 76461 by pressy on Tuesday 28th of June 2005 11:52:00 AM
Old 06-28-2005
Not The Right Place

Forum Rules:
(8) No BSD vs. Linux vs. Windows or similar threads.

I've closed this thread..... Smilie

greetings PRESSY

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

music production, unix

okay, so i'm using windows right now because i produce electronic music and all my software is written for windows. i want to get rid of microsoft's os, so i'm wondering if there is an easy way to run these windows programs on a unix system. maybe a windows emulator for x-windows or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nydel
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Most common version of UNIX on production systems

I am new to UNIX (about a year) and learning as fast as I can. I am an instructor teaching UNIX and have two labs with Ultra 10 333 MHz, Sun Blade 1000 1 GHz, Blade 100, and Two Enterprise 250 Servers. We are currently teaching our classes using the Solaris 2.10 OS, downloaded in May 2006, I am not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dutchman
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between development and Production unix servers for a application??

Hi all I am running a major script of my application in development for implementing code changes for process improvement in time. The script runs in production once in a month . It takes 8 hours 30 mins in Production server . what surprice me is , when I run the same script in development server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
9 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

roles and responsibilites in unix shell scripting as a production support consultant

what are the roles and responsibilites in unix shell scripting as a production support consultant in oracle database (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
2 Replies

5. BSD

Copying OpenBSD Kernel from a non production to production machine

Hi All, There are few OpenBSD 4.8 servers without compiler installed at my working place. However, sometimes there are some patches released for patching the kernel. My question is: Can I setup a non production OpenBSD 4.8 server as a test machine with compiler installed and use it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lcxpics
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching from production to development envirornment in UNIX

I had a unix scripts in prod. I need to made changes in those scripts which I don't have the edit access. I need to move those scripts from prod to dev to edit. Please tell me how to switch from production to development, So that I can made changes in dev and again move those scripts to Prod. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeswararao
3 Replies
PTHREAD_KILL_OTHER_THREADS_NP(3)			     Linux Programmer's Manual				  PTHREAD_KILL_OTHER_THREADS_NP(3)

NAME
pthread_kill_other_threads_np - terminate all other threads in process SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> void pthread_kill_other_threads_np(void); DESCRIPTION
pthread_kill_other_threads_np() only has an effect in the LinuxThreads threading implementation. On that implementation, calling this function causes the immediate termination of all threads in the application, except the calling thread. The cancellation state and cancel- lation type of the to-be-terminated threads are ignored, and the cleanup handlers are not called in those threads. CONFORMING TO
This function is a nonstandard GNU extension; hence the suffix "_np" (nonportable) in the name. NOTES
pthread_kill_other_threads_np() is intended to be called just before a thread calls execve(2) or a similar function. This function is designed to address a limitation in the obsolete LinuxThreads implementation whereby the other threads of an application are not automati- cally terminated (as POSIX.1-2001 requires) during execve(2). In the NPTL threading implementation, pthread_kill_other_threads_np() exists, but does nothing. (Nothing needs to be done, because the implementation does the right thing during an execve(2).) SEE ALSO
execve(2), pthread_cancel(3), pthread_setcancelstate(3), pthread_setcanceltype(3), pthreads(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2010-09-09 PTHREAD_KILL_OTHER_THREADS_NP(3)