Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: looping and awk/sed help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting looping and awk/sed help Post 76458 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 28th of June 2005 11:35:51 AM
Old 06-28-2005
nawk -f selp.awk table_namesFile column_namesFile

here's zelp.awk:
Code:
BEGIN { SEPlist="," }
FNR==NR { tbl[$1]; next}
{ 
  if ( $1 in tbl )
     out[$1] = ($1 in out) ? out[$1] SEPlist $2 : $2
}
END {
   for ( i in out)
      print i, out[i]
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Looping in awk

Can somebody give me a cleaner way of writing the following script. I was thinking that I could use a loop in the awk statement. It works fine the way it is but I just want the script to be cleaner. #!/usr/bin/sh for r in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 do DAY=`gdate --date="${r} days ago" +%m\/%d\/%y`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: looping problem!

I am having a problem with awk when I run it with a loop. It works perfectly when I echo a single line from the commandline. For example: echo 'MFG009 9153852832' | awk '$2 ~ /^0-9]$/{print $2}' The Awk command above will print field 2 if field 2 matches 10 digits, but when I run the loop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping and using Sed

Hi guys I having som problem trying to use sed to get a file and insert inside another one. I'll try to explain better. I have a base.txt and using sed(having a array variables) I'm chaging some strings inside this file and saving as base1.txt. until here okay. Then, I have to get this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digobh
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with AWK looping

I'm trying to parse a configuration text file using awk. The following is a sample from the file I'm searching. I can retrieve the formula and recipe names easily but now I want to take it one step farther. In addition to the formula name, I would like to also get the value of the attribute... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2awk
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed pattern space/looping conundrum

Although my sed skills are gradually developing, thanks in large part to this forum, I'm having a hard time dealing with pattern space and looping, which I suspect is what I'll need a better handle on to figure out my current issue, which is converting a multi line file like this: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiggyboo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping in awk

How do I remove last comma? echo "xx yy zz" | awk 'BEGIN{FS=" "}{for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) printf "%s,", $i}'output: xx,yy,zz, required output: xx,yy,zz or (ideally!): xx, yy & zz many thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: euval
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK looping over 2 variables

I would like to loop over variables i and j consecutively, { a = -6.7 b = 7.0 c =0.1 { for (i = 0; i<=(b-a)/c; i++) for (j = 1; j<=(b-a)/c; j++) '$1<=(a+j*c)&&$1>=(a+i*c)' FILENAME > output_j '{print $2}' output_j > output_j_f } I essentially want to print the range of $1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on looping using awk

I have the data like this: PONUMBER,SUPPLIER,LINEITEM,SPLITLINE,LINEAMOUNT,CURRENCY IR5555,Supplier1,1,1,83.1,USD IR5555,Supplier1,1,3,40.4,USD IR5555,Supplier1,1,6,54.1,USD IR5555,Supplier1,1,8,75.1,USD IR5556,Supplier2,1,1,41.1,USD IR5556,Supplier2,1,3,43.1,USD ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffreybsu
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Looping and sed

Hi, I've got text files (say file1 and file2) in a directory (say directory1) with several columns like this: a b c d a b c de f g h e f g hI need to add a header to the files in directory1 and the names of the columns must contain an identifier from another text file (say file3) like this:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zajtat
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk nested looping?

I am trying to parse a text file and send its output to another file but I am having trouble conceptualizing how I am supposed to do this in awk. The text file has a organization like so: Name Date Status Location (city, state, zip fields) Where each of these is on a separate line in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kellyanneghj
1 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)