Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Want to get the output in windows Post 76430 by r2007 on Tuesday 28th of June 2005 10:00:05 AM
Old 06-28-2005
If your unix box run a http deamod, move your script to cgi-bin directory. Once you want start the script, just access unix host by a URL string, then the script can return a text page or a html page, it is up to your script.
BTW: It is better adding ACL control for this URL.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the output of unix script in windows

Hai Actually I work on CVS, where the server is in UNIX and the front end(client) is windows. Now I want to run a script in unix and get the output(report) in windows. Can anyone help me in this as to how i can connect to dos..... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csrope
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

to put the unix script output on windows desktop

Hi could you pls guide a to automate that unix script output is avaialble on desktop.i can FTP and then download but i want to automate it. rgds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Assassin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell output to windows

Good day Guys, I have a problewm in one of my development project. I need to call a SAS job in my script. NO problem with this one, the problem is I need the output (an excel file) to be redirected to a windows server. The destination server is called pcfileserver. I dont know how to redirect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasia
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

syslog files output to Windows

Hi there, Our syslog servers are unix. The files seems like local6 or somethign. How can I output the file to a file in Windows that I can maninupate? such as choose records that I am interested through the IP or time? Thanks, Margu. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: margu
2 Replies

5. Programming

Printing Popen Output Using Windows 7

Hi Guys, I am new to python and I am trying to print ouput of Popen on my text screen (tkinter gui). I was able to make it work on Linux with this code: Linux: Working def PrintSomething2(): outputdata = commands.getstatusoutput("sudo fping -f host.list") for i in outputdata:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tattoostreet
2 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)