Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Want to get the output in windows Post 76426 by vino on Tuesday 28th of June 2005 09:27:43 AM
Old 06-28-2005
Would rsh suit your purpose ? I havnt used it tho' to advice you more on that.

vino

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the output of unix script in windows

Hai Actually I work on CVS, where the server is in UNIX and the front end(client) is windows. Now I want to run a script in unix and get the output(report) in windows. Can anyone help me in this as to how i can connect to dos..... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csrope
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

to put the unix script output on windows desktop

Hi could you pls guide a to automate that unix script output is avaialble on desktop.i can FTP and then download but i want to automate it. rgds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Assassin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell output to windows

Good day Guys, I have a problewm in one of my development project. I need to call a SAS job in my script. NO problem with this one, the problem is I need the output (an excel file) to be redirected to a windows server. The destination server is called pcfileserver. I dont know how to redirect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasia
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

syslog files output to Windows

Hi there, Our syslog servers are unix. The files seems like local6 or somethign. How can I output the file to a file in Windows that I can maninupate? such as choose records that I am interested through the IP or time? Thanks, Margu. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: margu
2 Replies

5. Programming

Printing Popen Output Using Windows 7

Hi Guys, I am new to python and I am trying to print ouput of Popen on my text screen (tkinter gui). I was able to make it work on Linux with this code: Linux: Working def PrintSomething2(): outputdata = commands.getstatusoutput("sudo fping -f host.list") for i in outputdata:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tattoostreet
2 Replies
XUnmapWindow(3X11)						     MIT X11R4							XUnmapWindow(3X11)

Name
       XUnmapWindow, XUnmapSubwindows - unmap windows

Syntax
       XUnmapWindow(display, w)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;

XUnmapSubwindows(display, w)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;

Arguments
       display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

w	 Specifies the window.

Description
       The function unmaps the specified window and causes the X server to generate an event.  If the specified window is already unmapped, has no
       effect.	Normal exposure processing on formerly obscured windows is performed.  Any child window will no longer be visible until another
       map call is made on the parent.	In other words, the subwindows are still mapped but are not visible until the parent is mapped.  Unmapping
       a window will generate events on windows that were formerly obscured by it.

can generate a error.

The function unmaps all subwindows for the specified window in bottom-to-top stacking order.  It causes the X server to generate an event
       on each subwindow and events on formerly obscured windows.  Using this function is much more efficient than unmapping multiple windows one
       at a time because the server needs to perform much of the work only once, for all of the windows, rather than for each window.

can generate a error.

Diagnostics
       A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window.

See Also
       XChangeWindowAttributes(3X11), XConfigureWindow(3X11), XCreateWindow(3X11), XDestroyWindow(3X11), XMapWindow(3X11) XRaiseWindow(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XUnmapWindow(3X11)