Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitoring ftp process
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Monitoring ftp process Post 76292 by arkhewit on Monday 27th of June 2005 11:25:43 AM
Old 06-27-2005
Question Monitoring ftp process

I have an ftp process using vpn, my box is receiving data hit and miss from the host system. Any tool that can be used within unix (ksh) to monitor that ftp process?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process Monitoring Script Help

I have a shell script which runs from 7AM to 3AM every day. The script performs certain monitoring functions and if it has a problem it may need to email someone about it. The problem is that the notification process was never modified to handle running past midnight (from 23:59:59 till 3AM). ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdc69
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

process monitoring

hi all, i would like to write the shell script to monitoring the processing, but if i passing the parameter the number of process is incorrect how to slove it? many thx got the correct number of process as following script: ===========================================================... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_wong_ch
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring for a hung process

A coworker has a shell script that runs from a scheduler at the 3am. The shell script runs sqlplus passing in a sql statement, which generate a file. This is done 21 times for 21 different sql statements. Recently, one of the sqlplus processes got hung. Is there a way to monitor how long the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Process Monitoring Script

Hi All, I have a Java application running in the background which process looks like this. java -DMyService=Y -DWorkingDir And I have a monitoring script which looks like this; count_service=`ps -aef | grep MyService | wc -l` if ; then echo "Service_Stopped on `date`" >>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: swmk
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP monitoring

Hello there, I have the following situation : I have a ftp server (PureFTPd)on which users can connect and put their files. The thing is I need to synchronize the files uploaded by the users to another server (so that everybody can download (via http) from that server the resources uploaded by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiriad
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put FTP process as a background process/job in perl?

Hi, I am using net::ftp for transferring files now i am trying in the same Linux server as a result ftp is very fast but if the server is other location (remote) then the file transferred will be time consuming. So i want try putting FTP part as a background process. I am unaware how to do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with a process monitoring script

GM everyone, I have this script that goes to multiple servers and monitor a certain process and send the output to a file on servers1, the script looks like this exec < server.list while read SERVER do ssh $SERVER "ps -ef | grep process_name" >> /tmp/report done can someone help ad... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baders
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with my process monitoring script

GM everyone, I have this script that goes to multiple servers and monitor a certain process and send the output to a file on servers1, the script looks like this Code: exec < server.listwhile read SERVER do ssh $SERVER "ps -ef | grep process_name" >> /tmp/reportdone can someone help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baders
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring processes in parallel and process log file after process exits

I am writing a script to kick off a process to gather logs on multiple nodes in parallel using "&". These processes create individual log files. Which I would like to filter and convert in CSV format after they are complete. I am facing following issues: 1. Monitor all Processes parallelly.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies
netrc(4)							   File Formats 							  netrc(4)

NAME
netrc - file for ftp remote login data DESCRIPTION
The .netrc file contains data for logging in to a remote host over the network for file transfers by ftp(1). This file resides in the user's home directory on the machine initiating the file transfer. Its permissions should be set to disallow read access by group and oth- ers (see chmod(1)). The following tokens are recognized; they may be separated by SPACE, TAB, or NEWLINE characters: machine name Identify a remote machine name. The auto-login process searches the .netrc file for a machine token that matches the remote machine specified on the ftp command line or as an open command argument. Once a match is made, the subsequent .netrc tokens are processed, stopping when the EOF is reached or another machine token is encountered. default Same as machine name, except that default matches any name. There can be only one default token, and it must be after all machine tokens. The default token is normally used as follows: default login anonymous password user@site Such an entry gives the user automatic anonymous ftp login to machines not specified in .netrc. login name Identify a user on the remote machine. If this token is present, the auto-login process will initiate a login using the specified name. password string Supply a password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires a password as part of the login process. Note: if this token is present in the .netrc file, ftp will abort the auto-login process if the .netrc is readable by anyone besides the user. account string Supply an additional account password. If this token is present, the auto-login process supplies the specified string if the remote server requires an additional account password. If the remote server does not require an additional account password, the auto-login process will initiate an ACCT command. macdef name Define a macro. This token functions the same as ftp macdef. A macro is defined with the specified name; its contents begin with the next .netrc line and continue until a null line (consecutive NEWLINE characters) is encountered. If a macro named init is defined, it is automatically executed as the last step in the auto-login process. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A Sample .netrc File A .netrc file containing the following line: machine ray login demo password mypassword allows an autologin to the machine ray using the login name demo with password mypassword. FILES
~/.netrc SEE ALSO
chmod(1), ftp(1), in.ftpd(1M) SunOS 5.10 3 Jul 1990 netrc(4)