Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need to go back 1 day using the date command Post 7623 by 98_1LE on Friday 28th of September 2001 11:11:41 AM
Old 09-28-2001
This script was posted here some time ago, and I modified it slightly.
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh
date '+%m %d %Y' | 
{ 
read MONTH DAY YEAR
DAY=`expr "$DAY" - 1` 
case "$DAY" in 
        0) 
           MONTH=`expr "$MONTH" - 1` 
                case "$MONTH" in 
                        0) 
                           MONTH=12 
                           YEAR=`expr "$YEAR" - 1` 
                        ;; 
                esac 
        DAY=`cal $MONTH $YEAR | grep . | fmt -1 | tail -1` 
esac 
echo "Yesterday was: $MONTH $DAY $YEAR" 
}

This User Gave Thanks to 98_1LE For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can I back up all the files I work with each day using tar?

Can I back up all the files I work with each day using tar? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jo calamine
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find all files created a day back

Hi Guys, My unix is SunOS. I like to find all the files which are created 1 day back. i tried the following command find . -type f -name '*.aud' -mtime +1 This gives me all the files created 48 hours back (2 days) but not one.. Can you let me know where i am going wrong. Thanks,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch date of 7 years back from current date in Perl

$beginDate = substr(DateCalc("today", "-7Days"),0,8); This fetches the date 7 days back Can I fetch the date before 7 years from todays date in Perl using same syntax Use code tags, see PM. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
3 Replies

6. AIX

Need to get the next day's date of the user entered date

I need to get the next day's date of the user entered date for example: Enter date (yyyy/mm/yy): 2013/10/08I need to get the next day's date of the user entered date Desired Output: 2013/10/09Though there are ways to achieve this is Linux or Unix environment (date command) ,I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm120
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Using date command, getting previous day

Legends, i need to get previous day using date command. Can you please help. sdosanjh:/home> date +%m%d%y 011514 i tried -d '-1 day' but it is not working (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace date in file every day with current date

I Have text like XXX_20190908.csv.gz need to replace Only date in this format with current date every day Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamasani1991
1 Replies
BB-DATEPAGE.CGI(1)					      General Commands Manual						BB-DATEPAGE.CGI(1)

NAME
bb-datepage.cgi - Xymon CGI script to view pre-built reports by date SYNOPSIS
bb-datepage.cgi?type={day,week,month} --url=URLPREFIX [options] DESCRIPTION
bb-datepage.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the bb-datepage.sh CGI wrapper. bb-datepage.cgi is passed a QUERY_STRING environment variable with the type of time-selection that is desired: Either "day", "week" or "month" can be requested. It will then generate a web form with appropriate day/week/month selection boxes, and based on the users' selec- tion a resulting url is built from the URLPREFIX and the time selection. The browser is then redirected to this URL. The URL is constructed from the URLPREFIX, the type-parameter, the value of the "pagepath" or "host" cookie, and the users' selection as follows: type=day The final URL is URLPREFIX/daily/YEAR/MONTH/DAY/PAGEPATH. type=week The final URL is URLPREFIX/weekly/YEAR/WEEK/PAGEPATH. type=month The final URL is URLPREFIX/monthly/YEAR/MONTH/PAGEPATH. YEAR is the full year (4 digits, including century). MONTH is the two-digit number of the month (01..12). DAY is the number of the day in the month (01..31). WEEK is the ISO 8601:1988 week-number (01..53). PAGEPATH is the current value of the "pagepath" cookie if set; if it is not set but the "host" cookie is set, then this host is looked up in the bb-hosts file and the page where this host is found is used for PAGEPATH. These two cookies are set by the default web-header templates supplied with Xymon. OPTIONS
--url=URLPREFIX This specifies the initial part of the final URL. This option is required. --hffile=FILENAME Specifies the template files (from $BBHOME/web/) to use. The default is "--hffile=report". --color=COLOR Sets the background color of the generated webpage. The default is blue. --env=FILENAME Loads the environment defined in FILENAME before executing the CGI script. --debug Enables debugging output. $BBHOME/web/report_form_daily HTML form template for the date selection form when type=daily. $BBHOME/web/report_form_weekly HTML form template for the date selection form when type=weekly. $BBHOME/web/report_form_monthly HTML form template for the date selection form when type=monthly. $BBHOME/web/report_header HTML header file for the generated web page $BBHOME/web/report_footer HTML footer file for the generated web page ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
BBHOME Used to locate the template files for the generated web pages. QUERY_STRING Contains the parameters for the CGI script. SEE ALSO
bbgen(1), bb-hosts(5), hobbitserver.cfg(5) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 BB-DATEPAGE.CGI(1)