Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: school unix
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) school unix Post 76229 by thepicoman on Sunday 26th of June 2005 08:29:00 PM
Old 06-26-2005
read macx os x the missing manule

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

School Blocking

I'm in highschool. They blocked my favorite site. How do I disable websense without getting caught on that particular webpage? Is it even possible? *twitch* I would also like to get as much UNIX for beginners information, so if someone might point me in the right direction so I don't have to read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satine
1 Replies

2. AIX

Need help with OLD SCHOOL AIX

Whats up ppl... I'm at a loss here.. Getting help with old versions of AIX is quite stressful lol... Anyways.. My situation is that I (my company) has an old Powerserver 220 running AIX 3.2.5. The server is about to crap out, and we need to move the system over to a newer box. I've... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NOTORIOUS VR
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with school homework

ok its a simple script, but i can't get it to run right. i'm totally lost. can anyone help me with this. heres the question........create a shell script called minute.bash that starts the command labs/bash/count.sh and lets it run for 1 minute and then stops it. count.sh is a simple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AtomJ22
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

School assignment

Hi, I have assignment from school. Please help me write the script for following example Using "eval", write a program called "recho" that prints its arguments in reverse order. For example, $recho one two three should produce three two one (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdp5628
1 Replies
dsenableroot(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   dsenableroot(8)

NAME
dsenableroot -- enables or disables the root account. SYNOPSIS
dsenableroot [-d] [-u username] [-p password] [-r rootPassword] DESCRIPTION
dsenableroot sets the password for the root account if enabling the root user account. Otherwise, if disable [-d] is chosen, the root account passwords are removed and the root user is disabled. A list of flags and their descriptions: -u username Username of a user that has administrative privileges on this computer. -p password Password to use in conjunction with the specified username. If this is not specified, you will be prompted for entry. -r rootPassword Password to be used for the root account. If this is not specified for enabling, you will be prompted for entry. EXAMPLES
-dsenableroot Your username will be used and you will be queried for both your password and the new root password to be set to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d Your username will be used and you will be queried for only your password to disable the root account. -dsenableroot -u username -p userpassword -r rootpassword The supplied arguments will be used to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d -u username -p userpassword The supplied arguments will be used to disable the root account. Mac OS August 08 2003 Mac OS