Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to migrate user accounts to a new server Post 76227 by maybemedic on Sunday 26th of June 2005 08:17:41 PM
Old 06-26-2005
Thank you so much Dogday, Im sorry to trouble you again. The flav of Unix Im using is Linux (Redhat 7.1.2.96-98 to be specific). Anyway we are planning to use Suse 9.0 enterprise edition on the new server. I greatly appreciate your help and thank you for the help ur gonna do. Smilie) . Have fun.

Maybemedic.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Accounts

I have found a script to create user accounts. But there are a few lines i dont understand. Can someone help me with this? Here's the code: ###################################### while ; do ACCT=${USER_ACCT}${START} START=`expr $START + 1` START=`echo ${START} | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sensor
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Accounts

Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to display a list of all existing user accounts on the system, not neccesarily looged in. Thanks in advance Stephen (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sroberts82
3 Replies

3. AIX

migrate user ID and password

Can anyone advice on how to migrate user information - groups, names, passwords from one server to another? I am building a duplicate server to replace an old one and I need to move user information off the old server, help! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabob1
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single user mode - user accounts passwords

hello ppl, someone must be able to help with this --> I have an old NCR tower 32 with an ADDS terminal running a unix version 020102 (Im not sure if thats correct but its unix for sure). I have no user names and no passwords and need to login to read a tape. Is there any way to do that? I hear... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orestis
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

migrate samba pdc from one server to another

Hi there, Hope this forum is adapted to my question. I have : + 1 Debian server with Samba set to authenticate users in the domain HOME (workgroup = HOME / domain logons = yes). + 3 Windows XP Laptops configured to belong to the domain HOME. So on startup, I'm invited to enter a login password... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

User account migrate from solaris to linux

Hi, I have to move user account from solaris to Linux environment because I don't want user to create password again in Linux environment, so could somebody confirm me how to do it, I know there are files /etc/groups, /etc/passwd and /etc/shadows need to copy but somebody confirm me what is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnaumanca
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Help with user accounts

Hi All, How to know all the shells a user has access. Thank you . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
0 Replies