Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Will Old Files Be Removed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Will Old Files Be Removed Post 76049 by sunsation on Friday 24th of June 2005 09:23:04 AM
Old 06-24-2005
Will Old Files Be Removed

I have windows Xp installed, and decided to install Solaris Sun Unix 10. The hard disk was previousely partitioned into 5 partition. C: = Win98 D = WinXP and e,f,g,h are applications and so on. When istalling Sun Unix, will all the drives be removed, or I will specify where to install it. Thanks and I am

Btw: I have already started to install unix. I'm in the step where to choose a language, and he didn't ask me anything since now..... I am more Smilie

Last edited by sunsation; 06-24-2005 at 10:28 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bring back removed files

Dear People I have removed some of my files and directories( by using rm and rmdir commands) by mistake. I wish to bring them back. How is it possible?( I am using solaris 2.6) best regards Reza Nazarian:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recovering files removed with rm

Hello, I was reading the manual on rm and it states that when you use 'rm' the files are usual recoverable, how is this done? Does it assume that a backup system is in place? Cheers Jack (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack1981
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How UNIX admin set up this? how files of 744 of other owner can be removed by another owner?

Hi all, We have some files are under 744 permissions and the the owner is say owner1 and group1. Now we have another user owner2 of group2, owner2 can remove files of the owner1 and the permission of those files are 744, unix admin told us he did some config at his side so we can do that. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGunMan
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rebuild/update fuppes database if files are added/removed from directory

The title says it all. I have a upnp server running fuppes that is connected to my xbox360. In order to see the files on the xbox360 i have to manually update and rebuild the database anytime i add or remove files. I have tried cron jobs to do it every 20 min which works, but if I am streaming... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tr6699
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can I view removed/deleted files

I have a script that have deleted some files, and I need to know which files were deleted. Is there a log file in linux that shows deleted files? I use ubuntu. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging few files into one, duplicates are removed

Hello, I have few file such as below: abc.txt def.txt ghi.txt jkl.txt n.txt I would like to merge all these files together into one file. At the same time, any duplicates will be removed. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alegnagrp
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Can all files under /tmp be safely removed

I wanted to know whether all files under /tmp can be safely removed. I guess that /tmp may also have temporary files for applications currently being worked on, so at the most those applications may just shut down. I hope that my question is clear whether all files under /tmp can be safely... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File Management: Removing of files from Server2 IF the same file is removed from Server1.

Hi Folks, I have a requirement of file management on different servers. Source Server is SERVER-A. Two servers will fetch files from SERVER-A: SERVER1 and SERVER2. 4th SERVER is SERVER-B, It will fetch files from SERVER1. If SERVER1 goes DOWN, SERVER-B will fetch pending files from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)