Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: touch and echo
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting touch and echo Post 76044 by vino on Friday 24th of June 2005 08:27:31 AM
Old 06-24-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
> /home/toto
:>/home/toto

are both legal and will have the same result.
True.

And thanks.

-vino

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

touch command help

Hi, This might be the stupidest question ever but here it goes, i need to create a file with the name Hello! It's $s It using the touch command but whenever i use touch 'Hello! It's $s' i get s is undefined touch Hello! It's $s i get ' unmatched Please help ^_^ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsn
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

touch

why am i unable to change the timestamp on a file I'm getting the following error on AIX. touch: cannot change times Any help is appreciated. Regards, Ram. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Touch all files and subdirectories (recursive touch)

I have a folder with many subdirectories and i need to set the modified date to today for everything in it. Please help, thanks! I tried something i found online, find . -print0 | xargs -r0 touch but I got the error: xargs: illegal option -- r (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between using "echo" builtin and /bin/echo

So in my shell i execute: { while true; do echo string; sleep 1; done } | read line This waits one second and returns. But { while true; do /bin/echo string; sleep 1; done } | read line continues to run, and doesn't stop until i kill it explicitly. I have tried this in bash as well as zsh,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulidtko
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to correctly use an echo inside an echo?

Bit of a weird one i suppose, i want to use an echo inside an echo... For example... i have a script that i want to use to take users input and create another script. Inside this script it creates it also needs to use echos... echo "echo "hello"" >$file echo "echo "goodbye"" >$file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

touch help

I need to change the modified time to below time , but can't get through using touch Nov 27 10:16 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

touch command

Is there a way to do... touch ./config/newdir/newfile if neither newdir and newfile exists? man touch tells me there's not (?) Is out there another tool to do that? Thx in advance! :b: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: funyotros
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

With that logic this echoes "echo". Question about echo!

echo `echo ` doesn't echoes anything. And it's logic. But echo `echo `echo ` ` does echoes "echo". What's the logic of it? the `echo `echo ` inside of the whole (first) echo, echoes nothing, so the first echo have to echo nothing but echoes "echo" (too much echoing :P):o (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on touch command

Hi all I changed some of my files in my hoem directory to old dates using the touch command like this touch -t 200805101024 file name but after using this command the date changed properly but it displays like below -rwxr--r-- 1 fincntrg fingrp 193619 May 10 2008 vi.pdf I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Touch Challenge

I've been given a directory full of subdirectories full of logfiles of the same name: /logfiles/day1/file1/blockednodes.csv day1-14 file1-48 The above is the actual directory structure for 14 days worth of a logfile that is generated every 30 minutes. It's been done this way to preserve the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cludgie
15 Replies
DECLAR(3)							 GENPAT functions							 DECLAR(3)

NAME
DECLAR, GENPAT Package ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSYS
DECLAR("ident",":nb_space","format",mode,size,option); PARAMETERS
ident External connector, internal observing points or register's name. For the hierarchical descriptions, the path-name of the inter- nal observing points or registers must be specified by the syntax : instance1.instance11.name . nb_space Specify the number of blank space between each group of value associated to the connectors, signals or registers in the output file. 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or nothing. format Specify the format that will be used to represent the value associated to the connectors, signals or registers. X for Hexadeci- mal, O for Octal and B for Binary. mode Specify the type of the connectors. IN for Input, OUT for Output, INOUT for Input/Output, SIGNAL for internal observing point, REGISTER for register. IN, OUT, INOUT, SIGNAL, REGISTER are constants (defines) provided by genpat. size Specify the size of the bused connectors : empty ("") for the scalar connectors, "nb1" for the numbered connectors, "nb1 TO nb2" or "(nb1 TO nb2)" (nb1 < nb2), "nb1 DOWNTO nb2" or "(nb1 DOWNTO nb2)" (nb2 < nb1) for the vectors. Where nb1 and nb2 are integer. option Specify options of the connector. "S" for a spied connector, empty ("") for a normal connector. DESCRIPTION
Describes a set of connectors, signals or registers of the same format, size and mode. EXAMPLE
DECLAR("a", ":2", "X", OUT, "3 DOWNTO 0", "S"); describes : a 3, a 2, a 1, a 0 format : Hexadecimal. mode : Output. option : Spied connector. the group is separated of the others with 2 blank spaces. result : out a(3 downto 0) X spy ;;; DECLAR ("toto", ":", "O", INOUT, "7 TO 11", ""); describes : toto 7, toto 8, toto 9, toto 10, toto 11. format : Octal. mode : Input/Output. option : none. the group is separated of the following with 0 blank space. result : inout toto(7 to 11) O ; DECLAR ("ck", ":2", "B", IN, "", ""); describes : ck. format : Binary. mode : Input. option : none. the port is separated of the following with 2 blank spaces. result : in ck ;;; DECLAR ("accu.f", ":", "B", SIGNAL, "", "S"); describes : accu.f . format : Binary. mode : Signal. option : Spied connector. the signal is separated of the following with 0 blank space. result : signal accu.f spy ; DECLAR ("accu.reg", ":1", "B", REGISTER, "(3)", ""); describes : accu.reg . format : Binary. mode : Register. option : none. the signal is separated of the following with 1 blank space. result : register accu.reg(3) ;;;; WARNING
The DECLAR function from the 4.0 release have a new parameter (option). SEE ALSO
ARRAY(3), genpat(1), pat(5) BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 DECLAR(3)