Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing files automatically from a directory after 30 days. Post 75987 by justinb_155 on Thursday 23rd of June 2005 06:09:14 PM
Old 06-23-2005
Removing files automatically from a directory after 30 days.

Hello;

I have a directory that is collecting log and act files. I need to write a script that will remove these files once they are 30 days old. I have read through a number of threads on this site that have given me a great deal of information. However I have what seems to be a unique situation. I can't use the -atime or the -mtime commands because not all the files that haven't been modified or accessed can be deleted. There are non log or act files in this directory. One thing that may help is that the log and act files use yyyymmdd.log or yyyymmdd.act file naming system. IE 20050623.log or 20050623.act. How can I use this to generate my script? Thank you very much in advance for your knowledge and help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing files that are 60 days old

Hello guys I'm writing a script and I need some help. I'm almost done but I think I have a problem with my ffind command. I need the scripts to delete files are 60 days old and then append the filenames to a text file on the days they were deleted. If someone can help me I would be thankful. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls latest 4 days or specify days of files in the directory

Hi, I would like to list latest 2 days, 3 days or 4 days,etc of files in the directory... how? is it using ls? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing files older than 7 days

Script help, I need to delete files that are older than 7 days. I do that automatically but I know that a cron job can do the job for me. Any help is greatly appreciated, as you can see, I am a DOS or WINDOWS guy. Little on UNIX. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: texasoeb
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically Load data from all files in directory

I'm new in Unix shell scripting and i need someone to help me to make Script that run all time watching my directory that files uploaded to it via FTP (/mydir/incoming_files), if any files exists in it then (if many files exists, then sort files and load them ascending) it‘ll checks the size of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_fighter
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with removing files which are n days old

Hi , I need to remove files from a specific directory which are 7 days old using folowing find comand as: find /home/dir1/log -name "run*.log" -mtime +6 -prune -exec rm -f {} \; but my script should traverse to /home/dir1/log and them delete the specified files in the directory. i.e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navatha
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

removing files older than n days

Hi, on AIX 6.1, is there any commande line to remove the files older than n days in a directory ? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

7. AIX

Deleting files older than 14 days automatically

Hi In my aix server under the location "/usr/sap/SAPXI/extract", I have a lot of log files. I need a script which is to be added in crontab so that the files and directories older than 14 days should get deleted automatically from the location "/usr/sap/SAPXI/extract". Please advise me.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing certain files after certain days..

Hi guys.. Currently me using AIX 5.3.0.0 I have these files generated by Oracle in /tmp folder.. # date Mon Sep 26 11:53:31 BEIST 2011 # pwd /tmp # df -g . Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd3 10.00 3.65 64% 62479 7% /tmp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mushr00m
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help in reading N days files from a Directory & combining the files

Hi All, Request your expertise in tackling one requirement in my project,(i dont have much expertise in Shell Scripting). The requirement is as below, 1) We store the last run date of a process in a file. When the batch run the next time, it should read this file, get the last run date from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for Deleting files older than 14 days automatically

we need to have periodic clean up implemented in our sap directory \\sapds\PR1\int\scm\snp\outbound\snapshot. which needs unix script for Deleting files older than 14 days automatically in sap system unix os. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvkreddy_b2w
1 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.1 2012-02-22 DOVEADM-LOG(1)