Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: redirect output of FTP
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting redirect output of FTP Post 75909 by ssk on Thursday 23rd of June 2005 05:18:37 AM
Old 06-23-2005
PHP

Kris,
Can you post the command file and also the exact syntax u r using on command line ?
Let me know what is logged at present or nothing is logged. As I checked this command on Sun & HP on both this is working fine.

Regards,

ssk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect output

Hi all, I have a script which call a java program, the logging (to log file) in the program is done using log4j. However, as a safety measure, i still choose to direct standard error to another log file as follow /usr/bin/java -classpath ${classpath} -Xmx128m TestingProgram 2>>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect Output

Hi, I would like to list files: ls *.hdf But I would like a copy of the output directed to the screen, but also APPENDED to a text file: test.txt I have tried: ls *.hdf | tee test.txt However, that will just write over everything already existing in test.txt. How can I append the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to redirect ls of server ftp

Hello, All is in the message, i would want to redirect the ls command in a file but i have problem. In first, i have try this:#!/bin/bash ftp -n << EOF open F3MONTK2SVK-01 user movie "" binary ls > /Users/eric bye EOF but ftp don't want > I try curl -l but i can't enter into... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: protocomm
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

output redirect

Hi i am compiling a source code by make command. i want to redirect the output of make to a file but at the same time i want to see the output in terminal. how to do this ?. please suggest your idea. thanks in advance. Saravana ---------- Post updated at 05:24 PM ----------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect output of a command to a variable during ftp mode?

Hi, How can I redirect the output of a following command to a variable. ftp myservername ftp> user (username) guptaji 331 Password required for guptaji. Password: ftp> size /home/salil/abc.dat ftp> a='size /home/salil/abc.dat' ?Invalid command I want to redirect value of size to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Salil Gupta
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output of a command inside ftp block?

hi, i am using ftp to get files from remote server. inside the ftp i want to us ls -ltr command and send the output of it to a file. ftp -n remote_server <<_FTP quote USER username quote PASS password prompt noprompt pwd ls -ltr get s1.txt bye _FTP i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect output from terminal

i make a shell script. There has a line wget https://cisofy.com/files/lynis-2.1.0-88394c1affb9e23bd7390098947b3fd4b04e35e8.tar.gzWhen this line execute terminal show some text like this Resolving cisofy.com (cisofy.com)... 149.*.*.* Connecting to cisofy.com (cisofy.com)|149.*.*.*|:4444...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devils-ey3
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp redirect

Hi i want to redirect a list of ftp file to an exsisting file by mls x.txt mylocalfile.txt result of this command corrupt my data on mylocalfile.txt , please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rezasadeghi
2 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)