Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers GnuWin32 sed 4.1.4 regexp matching Post 75898 by Ygor on Thursday 23rd of June 2005 12:28:01 AM
Old 06-23-2005
Seems to work fine...
Code:
$ sed --version
GNU sed version 4.1.4
Copyright (C) 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,
to the extent permitted by law.

$ head file1 sed1
==> file1 <==
11111'222?'22'33?'333'44444'55555'

==> sed1 <==
s/\([^?]\)'/\1'\n/g

$ sed -f sed1 file1
11111'
222?'22'
33?'333'
44444'
55555'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

regexp with sed again!!!

please help: I want to add 1 space between string and numbers: input file: abcd12345 output file: abcd 1234 The following sed command does not work: sed 's/\(+\)\(+\)/\1 \2/' file Any ideas, please Andy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy2000
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcl: regexp matching special character

Hello Experts, Can someone help me here: I have a variable which contains a string with "". set var1 {a} set str1 {a is the element i want to match} Now "regexp $var1 $str1" does not work? ("regexp {a\} $str1" works, but var1 gets it's value automatically from another script) Is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitgarg
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED on Windows xp-GnuWin32

I installed the GnuWin32 tools on my Windows XP system but I cannot .. for the life of me .. get the SED tool to work for me. All I need to do is remove blank lines for a text file. My script is ... sed -e '/^$/ d' xxx.txt > yyy.txt The error msg is: sed: -e expression #1, char 1: unknown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HOLMBERG
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed regexp

Hi, I am not that good with reg exp and sed. But I was just looking at something the other day and came across a situation. When I ran the below command: echo "123 word" | sed 's/*/(&)/' the op was: (123) word But when I ran: echo "123 word" | sed 's/*/(&)/g' the o/p was: (123)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed before and after regexp

Dear all i have the code which print 1 line of context before and after regexp, with line number sed -n -e '/regexp/{=;x;1!p;g;$!N;p;D;}' -e h the code work well but any one can tell me what each letter mean {=;x;1!p;g;$!N;p;D;} also how i can print 2 line before and onle line after ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soly
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp matching

Hello, I cannot see what's wrong in my code. When I run code below, it just print an empty string. my $test = "SWER~~ERTGSDFGTHAS_RTAWGA_DFAS.x4-234253454.in"; if ($test = ~ m/\~{1,2}.*4/) { print "$1\n"; } else { print "No match...\n"; } Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: urandom
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp: matching the parent xml tag

Hi folks. I would like to remove the full parent (outer) xml tag from a file given a matching child (inner) tag, in a bash shell. To be more specific, this is what I have so far: $ cat myFile.xml <Sometag></Sometag> <Outer> <Inner>1</Inner> </Outer> <Outer> <stuff>alot</stuff> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BatManWSL
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching regexp

Hi, maybe it is stupid question, but is it possible to match expression like this ? : ... // ... ( there is "//" somewhere on the line and on the end of the line there ISN'T "*/" ) I've tried something like : (in SED) sed 's/\/\/' but I need "*/" not to be on the end of the line ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kolage
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[gnuwin32] sed & variable %TIME%

HI.. I made ".bat" in windows 2003 , with set TIEMPO1= %TIME% | sed -e "s/://g" -e "s/,//g" echo valor de tiempo1 = %TIEMPO1% when i execute this, the result is but if i open cmd, and execute en line command this.. G:\>echo %TIME% | sed -e "s/://g" -e "s/,//g" 12390841 anyone have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upszot
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with sed and regexp

Hi everyone, I would really appreciate any help I could get on the following topic. I am not very familiar with reg expressions nor with sed, I just know the basic uses. What I am trying to do is the following: I have a huge text file where I would like to replace all occurnces of a certain... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boxtuna
13 Replies
CONFIG.SUB(1)							   User Commands						     CONFIG.SUB(1)

NAME
config.sub - validate and canonicalize a configuration triplet SYNOPSIS
config.sub [OPTION] CPU-MFR-OPSYS or ALIAS DESCRIPTION
Canonicalize a configuration name. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.SUB(1)