Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX how to print part of report ? Post 75758 by Golive on Wednesday 22nd of June 2005 02:45:19 AM
Old 06-22-2005
By the way , Sorry for my Lang Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get awk to print a " in it's print part?

The line is simple, use " '{ print $1"]"$2"\"$3THE " NEEDS TO GO HERE$4 }' I've tried \", "\, ^" and '"" but none of it works. What am I missing? Putting in the [ between $1 and $2 works fine, I just need to do the same with a ". Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Report of duplicate files based on part of the filename

I have the files logged in the file system with names in the format of : filename_ordernumber_date_time eg: file_1_12012007_1101.txt file_2_12022007_1101.txt file_1_12032007_1101.txt I need to find out all the files that are logged multiple times with same order number. In the above eg, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudheshnaiyer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print remaining part from the first-match within a file

Hi, i was looking for unix command(s) for : find the first occurrence of a given pattern with in a file and print the remaining part. below is an example of what i am looking for: lets say, a file named myfile.txt now, the command i am looking for will do the following (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurulamin862
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut and print part of a string

I have a file that contains: yahoo.com.23456 web.log.common.us.gov.8675 192.168.1.55.34443 john-doe.about.com.22233 64.222.3.4.120 sunny.ca.4442 how can i remove the strings after the last dot (.) and reprint the file? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select a specific part of the string and print it

Hi all, I have a string that looks like: #!/bin/sh options="arguments: --user=alpha --group=beta --prefix=/usr/share --proxy-path=/proxy --proxy-tmp=/tmp --conf-path=/etc" My goal is to transform the string into an array, then for each key, if it starts with "--proxy" to print the string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TECK
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print part of line excluding one column

Hi, I have data which is having '|' as delimiter and have lobfilename/locations in the data. Ex: 1200|name1|lobfilename.0.600|abcd 1201|name2|lobfilename.600.1300|abcd My requirement is to print part of the line till the lobfilename and write to a different file and also print the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newb
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print part of string

I have a file called file.txt It contains strings: ALT=someone@acme.com TO=whoever@lalalulu.com How could find and print the actual address after the = sign for any given instance? I need the command to print one of them - for example someone@acme.com But have in mind that this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svetoslav_sj
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print particular string in a field of csv file - part 2

Hi, all I need your help and suggestions. I want to print particular strings in a field of a csv file and show them in terminal. Here is an example of the csv file. SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A way to print only part of directory path

Hi, So I struggled to find a solution to the following problem: I want to make sed print only part of multiple different paths. So lets say we have /path/path1/path2/logs/bla/blabla /path/path1/path2/path3/logs/yadda/yadda/yadda Can someone suggest a way to make sed or other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dampio
5 Replies
Image::ExifTool::TagInfoXML(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Image::ExifTool::TagInfoXML(3)

NAME
Image::ExifTool::TagInfoXML - Read/write tag information XML database DESCRIPTION
This module is used to generate an XML database from all ExifTool tag information. This database may then be edited and used to re-generate the localized tag information modules (Image::ExifTool::Lang::*). METHODS
Write Print complete tag information database in XML format. # save list of all tags $success = Image::ExifTool::TagInfoXML::Write('dst.xml'); # list all IPTC tags to console, including Flags Image::ExifTool::TagInfoXML::Write(undef, 'IPTC', Flags => 1); # write all EXIF Camera tags to file Image::ExifTool::TagInfoXML::Write($outfile, 'exif:camera'); Inputs: 0) [optional] Output file name, or undef for console output. 1) [optional] String of group names separated by colons to specify the group to print. A specific IFD may not be given as a group, since EXIF tags may be written to any IFD. Saves all groups if not specified. 2) [optional] Hash of options values: Flags - Set to output 'flags' attribute NoDesc - Set to suppress output of descriptions Return Value: True on success. Sample XMP Output: <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> <taginfo> <table name='XMP::dc' g0='XMP' g1='XMP-dc' g2='Other'> <desc lang='en'>XMP Dublin Core</desc> <tag id='title' name='Title' type='lang-alt' writable='true' g2='Image'> <desc lang='en'>Title</desc> <desc lang='de'>Titel</desc> <desc lang='fr'>Titre</desc> </tag> ... </table> </taginfo> Flags (if selected and available) are formatted as a comma-separated list of the following possible values: Avoid, Binary, List, Mandatory, Permanent, Protected, Unknown and Unsafe. See the tag name documentation and lib/Image/ExifTool/README for a description of these flags. For XMP List tags, the list type (Alt, Bag or Seq) is also output as a flag if applicable. BuildLangModules Build all Image::ExifTool::Lang modules from an XML database file. Image::ExifTool::TagInfoXML::BuildLangModules('src.xml'); Inputs: 0) XML file name Return Value: Number of modules updated, or negative on error. AUTHOR
Copyright 2003-2010, Phil Harvey (phil at owl.phy.queensu.ca) This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Image::ExifTool(3pm), Image::ExifTool::TagNames(3pm) perl v5.12.1 2010-03-01 Image::ExifTool::TagInfoXML(3)