Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Open Source What editor does everyone use? Post 75714 by yongho on Tuesday 21st of June 2005 03:07:07 PM
Old 06-21-2005
i see

I've actually never used VI to code anything.
But now that I'm reading all of your posts, I'm seriously reconsidering my decision.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vi editor ?

Hello everybody, My question is: how to add /tmp/work at the end of line in vi editor. my file looks like: cp file1 cp file2 cp file3 **** I need to add " /tmp/work" at the end of each line. I tried this :%s/$/" /tmp/work" and this :%s/$/\ /tmp/work\/ but it does not work. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billy5
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

instead VI editor - which one?

I'd like to find some editor for HP-UX, something like notepad, but not VI editor. Can someone have some ideas which one? thx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: diamond
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vi editor

Hi, how can I add at the begining and at the end of all of the lines of my text file in VI editor ? Many thanks before. for exemple if in my file i have line 1 line 2 I want to have : start line 1 end start line 2 end (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alain123456
3 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

best editor

We work on AIX 5L We use vi as text editor (only scripts to create and modifiy). What do you think of emacs ? Where can I find it ? Do you know better text editor for scripts ? Thank you for all answers. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annemar
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

vi editor

I am new in hp ux and I want work with vi editor, but in hp ux vi editor the backspaes and del keys doesn't work. how can I enable them. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkoolivand
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor

Hi, I knw its a silly question, but am a newbie to 'vi' editor. I'm forced to use this, hence kindly help me with this question. How can i paste a chunk 'copied from' a different editor(gedit) in 'vi editor'? As i see, p & P options does work only within 'vi'. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :Licen

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :License server is down (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

About vi editor

How can ` character be printed on vi editor ? empl_id=`echo $line | awk ' { print $1; } '` (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senem
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to use @ in VI editor

Hello All, Need one Help for one issue. I am using a French Keyboard, so @ sign is on key 0 and i have to use right Alt + 0 to print it. It is working everywhere but not inside Vi editor. I can type @ in shell, in notepad. But inside Vi editor it is not working, another problem is that if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
2 Replies
BLAZE-LIST(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						     BLAZE-LIST(1)

NAME
blaze-list - lists blog posts or pages in the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-list [-cpqrsCPSV] [-b directory] [-I id] [-a author] [-t title] [-T tag] [-d day] [-m month] [-y year] [-n number] blaze-list -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-list lists existing blog posts or pages in the BlazeBlogger repository. Additionally, it can also display basic repository statistics. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -I id, --id id Allows you to display a single blog post or a page with the specified id. -a author, --author author Allows you to list blog posts or pages by the selected author. -t title, --title title Allows you to list blog posts or pages with matching title. -T tag, --tag tag Allows you to list blog posts or pages with matching tag. -d day, --day day Allows you to list blog posts or pages from the specified day of a month. The value has to be in the "DD" form. -m month, --month month Allows you to list blog posts or pages from the specified month. The value has to be in the "MM" form. -y year, --year year Allows you to list blog posts or pages from the specified year. The value has to be in the "YYYY" form. -n number, --number number Allows you to specify a number of blog posts or pages to be listed. -p, --page Tells blaze-list to list pages. -P, --post Tells blaze-list to list blog posts. This is the default option. -S, --stats Tells blaze-list to display statistics. -s, --short Tells blaze-list to display each blog post or page information on a single line. -r, --reverse Tells blaze-list to display blog posts or pages in reverse order. -c, --color Enables colored output. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -C, --no-color Disables colored output. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. EXAMPLE USAGE
List all blog post: ~]$ blaze-list ID: 11 | 2010-07-05 | Jaromir Hradilek Title: Join #blazeblogger on IRC Tags: announcement ID: 10 | 2009-12-16 | Jaromir Hradilek Title: Debian and Fedora Packages Tags: announcement etc. List all blog post in reverse order: ~]$ blaze-list -r ID: 1 | 2009-02-10 | Jaromir Hradilek Title: BlazeBlogger 0.7.0 Tags: release ID: 2 | 2009-02-11 | Jaromir Hradilek Title: BlazeBlogger 0.7.1 Tags: release etc. List all pages: ~]$ blaze-list -p ID: 5 | 2009-02-10 | Jaromir Hradilek Title: Downloads ID: 4 | 2009-02-10 | Jaromir Hradilek Title: Themes etc. List each blog post on a single line: ~]$ blaze-list -s ID: 11 | 2010-07-05 | Join #blazeblogger on IRC ID: 10 | 2009-12-16 | Debian and Fedora Packages etc. Display a short version of blog statistics: ~]$ blaze-list -Ss There is a total number of 11 blog posts and 5 pages in the repository. SEE ALSO
blaze-config(1), blaze-add(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-LIST(1)