Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: group by in files :-)
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers group by in files :-) Post 75682 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 21st of June 2005 11:59:46 AM
Old 06-21-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsd
you are the best
take a number....
glad to be of help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

listing sequential files as one group...

Hi, I posted this over at Macnn and was redirected here... I'm not a unix programmer at all, but I have some backup if needed. Thanks in advance for any input. Is there a command for the osX terminal that will list sequentially numbered groups of file as one line instead of individually,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kentm
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

uncompress a group of files

i have some 100's of files in the format .tar.gz. how to uncompress them in a single shot i have sorted the files according to current date and now they reside in a dir called naveed1. cd naveed1 ls -ltr file1.tar.gz file2.tar.gz : : : file100.tar.gz how to uncompresse them in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in remove group of files

i have some 350 files in a dir: i want to remove them in one shot, ls -ltr | grep 'Sep 15' | head -350 the above command gives me those 350 files i need to remove them,how to implement remove logic here in this command? i can get those 350 files using the above command only and therefore... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to group matched patterns in different files

Hi, I have a master file that i need to split into multiple files based on matched patterns. sample of my data as follows:- scaff_1 a e 123 130 c_scaff_100 scaff_1 a e 132 138 c_scaff_101 scaff_1 a e 140 150 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group files and zip

Hi I have 4 files in a folder and I am supposed to group and zip them via a mapping file as such: Group. Filename 1. A.txt 1. B.txt 2. C.txt 2. D.txt Result should be 2 zip files - 1.zip and 2.zip created with the contents being the text file. How can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightrider
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space utilization for group of files

Hi Is there an easy was to list a group of file (*.txt) and report how much disk space they are using in total? Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Tar group of Files on Sun OS

How to Tar group of Files on Sun OS? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva Sankar
2 Replies

9. AIX

Files without owner and group

Dears it is normal that the below binaries stay without any owner and group I have checked it in many servers and the like the below /usr/lpp/bos.net/inst_root/etc/ipsec# ls -lrt total 248 -r-xr-xr-x 1 987 987 13589 Jun 29 2005 default_group -r-xr-xr-x ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace Stub Values In One Group Of Files With Actual Values From Another Group Of Files

I have two directories of files (new-config-files and old-config-files): new-config-files/this-db/config.inc.php new-config-files/that-db/config.inc.php new-config-files/old-db/config.inc.php new-config-files/new-db/config.inc.php new-config-files/random-database/config.inc.php etc. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
4 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)