Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding -options to shell scripts Post 75655 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 21st of June 2005 10:25:51 AM
Old 06-21-2005
look into 'man getopt'

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Options for csh shell

Hello, It's possible to change/put some options of the C-shell, like bold-text, date, etc? I can't found a web site that have a explanation. Thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: luiz_fer10
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding PATH variable in the startup scripts

Hi, I got a error message The environmental variable AUTOSYS is not set ! I think I require to to add a path to PATH variable in the startup scripts in the home dir. I tried using set PATH= but it is not setting the PATH when i do the echo $PATH , i dont get the new PATH reflected, Is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajanishshetty
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts that take String options

I need help to know how to create a script that takes string options and not only 1 charecter. I wanted to make a script that takes 'string' options eg. hscript.sh -product XXX -version XXX I know that I can make a script that takes "1 Charecter " options eg. hscript.sh -m XXX -l XXX -s XXX ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanhanbib
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding options to a shell script

I want to add options to my shell script but having problems, my code so far is; #!/bin/bash lflag= iflag= while getopts 'l:i:' OPTION do case $OPTION in l) lflag=1 lval="$OPTARG" ;;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paulobrad
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to invoke options automatically

i have a script which has 2 options. a b And a has 6 sub options. i want to write a script which will call the parent script and give options automatically. examle: linasplg11:/opt/ss/kk/01.00/bin # startup.sh /opt/ss/rdm/01.00 Please select the component to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script options

one thing i was trying to figure out is if you can give people the option to choose what they want to do in a shell script. for example, let's just say that you have a simple shell script to install a couple of programs, can you make it to where you can press a certain key to install a certain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hotshot247
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List of 'if -f' options - AIX / Korn Shell

Hi all, Can someone point me in the right direction for a manual on the various statement options for 'if'. Basically I have a piece of code which says: if ] and I wondered what the -f was. I know the '!' means not equal.. As usual any help much appreciated.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script with options

Hi All I am little bit confused to write a script. This script needs the options like unix commands i.e. –S to start process. –C to check process. -u : user -p : password like. script should run like this ./script.sh -u username -p ***** -S processname there may... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
5 Replies
VM(1)								      mgetty								     VM(1)

NAME
vm - VoiceModem is the program for handling the voice modem functionality from shell scripts ACTIONS
beep options [<frequency [<length in 0.001sec>]]> diagnostics options device name (e.g. ttyS2 dial options phone number help play options [<file names]+> record options file name shell options [<shell script [shell options]]> wait options [<time in seconds]> devicetest OPTIONS
-c n use compression type n -d n set i/o device -t, -m, -i, -e, -s, -H equals to -d <2,3,4,5,6,7> -l s set device string (e.g. -l ttyS2:ttyC0) -v verbose output -w use off / on hook signal from local handset to start and stop recording -x n set debug level -L n set maximum recording length in sec -P print first DTMF tone on stdout and exit -R read and print DTMF string on stdout and exit -S s set default shell for shell scripts (e.g. -S /bin/sh) -T n set silence timeout in 0.1sec -V n set silence threshold to <n> (0-100%%) SEE ALSO
vgetty(1) POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 30: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' Around line 32: '=item' outside of any '=over' Around line 71: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.10.1 2010-04-04 VM(1)