Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: know what key is pressed
Top Forums Programming know what key is pressed Post 75541 by jim mcnamara on Monday 20th of June 2005 11:21:23 AM
Old 06-20-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senthil
void main()
{
int ch;
ch=getch();
printf("%o",ch);
}
Consider using int ch because getch returns an int. In the same vein, main()
returns an int - per C standard. After void main() executes, the value of the command line paramter $? can be literally anything - if it's zero then it's pure luck that it was zero. You can crash scripts by calling void main() C from them.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify whether the return key is pressed ??

I want my program(ksh) to execute further only if the return key is pressed. Please help. i have already tried "\n", "\r", "^M" . Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AiK
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

screen blinks when escape key is pressed

hi folks, i am using sun solaris, when i press escape key in putty/netterm screen will blink for a second, plese let me know where this setting is done by my admin, what i feel is my admin must have set some control key for this so that screen will refresh each time i press escape key. please let... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudheer157
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

detect F5 is pressed

Hello friends, I want to write a shell script in bash shell . Working for the script is to detect any key pressed and disply on screen as "you have pressed: " For example if user pressed F5 then a messaged has to be displayed as "you have pressed F5. Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i do some action when 'ctrl+d' is pressed

hi Gurus, please why is this happening: when i run this: #!/bin/bash declare -a name declare -a ph declare -a eid r=0; c=1; i=1; n=; echo " name phone email_id" while : do #if ; then #break; #else echo -n "field $i:"; read name ph eid; let "i++"; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tprayush
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wait given time unless key pressed

Hello everyone. I'm trying to create a script that waits a given amount of time unless a given key is pressed. I found a very useful thread here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/59605-trap-key-press-script.html however, I cannot figure out a way of avoiding the keypress if the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cue
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disable Enter key to be pressed

Hi Experts, I have a script in which I want to disable the "Enter" key press. Actually my script executes some process in background. So, till that background process is running, I don't want "Enter" key to be pressed by user. Is this can be achieved using trap command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: R0H0N
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i know the pressed key is arrowup?

Hi all, I need to know how to test a pressed key is arrowup or arrowdown and etc.. I found that the "echo" won't print anything if i enter the arrowup in the below code: read echo "you pressed $REPLY" Then i find a way to achieve my goal. 1 #! /bin/bash 2 3 ARROWUP='\;then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Rid ^C when pressed Ctrl-C

How do i get rid of the ^C when i pressed Ctrl-C? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vietrice
7 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Pressed/Net Install 12.04 LTS

So I mounted a 12.04 LTS ISO, exported it via apache. Goy my netinstall files in place. Pointed Foreman to my install media the Preseed config files run. Life is good. Server comes up, I run apt-get update and blam: : Failed to fetch... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
0 Replies
Tk_Main(3)						       Tk Library Procedures							Tk_Main(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_Main - main program for Tk-based applications SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_Main(argc, argv, appInitProc) ARGUMENTS
int argc (in) Number of elements in argv. char *argv[] (in) Array of strings containing command-line arguments. Tcl_AppInitProc *appInitProc (in) Address of an application-specific initialization procedure. The value for this argument is usually Tcl_AppInit. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_Main acts as the main program for most Tk-based applications. Starting with Tk 4.0 it is not called main anymore because it is part of the Tk library and having a function main in a library (particularly a shared library) causes problems on many systems. Having main in the Tk library would also make it hard to use Tk in C++ programs, since C++ programs must have special C++ main functions. Normally each application contains a small main function that does nothing but invoke Tk_Main. Tk_Main then does all the work of creating and running a wish-like application. When it is has finished its own initialization, but before it processes commands, Tk_Main calls the procedure given by the appInitProc argument. This procedure provides a "hook" for the application to perform its own initialization, such as defining application-specific commands. The procedure must have an interface that matches the type Tcl_AppInitProc: typedef int Tcl_AppInitProc(Tcl_Interp *interp); AppInitProc is almost always a pointer to Tcl_AppInit; for more details on this procedure, see the documentation for Tcl_AppInit. KEYWORDS
application-specific initialization, command-line arguments, main program Tk 4.0 Tk_Main(3)