Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris putting a solaris box on my network Post 75484 by reborg on Sunday 19th of June 2005 02:56:47 PM
Old 06-19-2005
the simplest thing to do is as root, run the command 'sys-unconfig' when the system halst boot it, an it will ask you to enter the appropriate network information.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network standalone Unix box

I am using the Linksys router as my hub to network my Win 2000 PC and Unix box to the cable modem. However, I can only get connection for my Win 2000 PC. The Unix box was able to get connection initially (yesterday) but when I reboot the machine this morning, the network went dead. What did I do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: conflansun
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putting pC on network

How do I put a my PC with linux 7.0 on a class B network. Can someone give me info or text that will guide me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rush
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Getting a solaris x86 box on my network.

How would i get my solaris 10 box to run on my network? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: possuman72
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solving the network collisions in Unix box

Hi, Anyone can u give me an idea to clear the network collisions in the unix box(Solaris and Linux)? NIC performance is very low, and it shows collisions, when issuing the command ifconfig -a in the production server. How can i rectify the network collisions in the box. Using netstat and lsof... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthulingaraja
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box

Hi, I need a clarification. Is there any difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box? The bzip command with -c option works in AIX box and the same does not work in Sun Solaris box. Can anyone please explain if there is an implementation difference in both these boxes for the shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nisha4680
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Determine Solaris box network interface?

Given a new Solaris box, with a fresh, unconfigured install on it, how does one figure out what kind of network interface it has (bge,le, hme, etc)? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
8 Replies

7. SCO

SCO box loosing network connection

Hello, We have a SCO box running OpenServer 5.0.5. This has our business software on it (15 users connecting via terminal emulator (ansio lite)) which has been running for about 12-15yrs strong! Within the past 6-8 months, at random times of the day, we've been loosing connection to this box. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpcbrielle
8 Replies

8. Solaris

E1 on Solaris box

hi, can someone please guide me if there is any special hardware to use when we need to terminate an E1/T1 link on a Solaris10 box. I have a number of boxes and these all are located at longer distances. the only connectivity is the E1 links between these far location locations. Would it be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)