Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sniffing an established port
Special Forums IP Networking Sniffing an established port Post 75227 by matrixmadhan on Thursday 16th of June 2005 09:03:30 AM
Old 06-16-2005
hi all

thanks for the reply

i cannot establish a connection to box A by any means

i have data being received at port B of A. that's it.

if i am able to establish a connection to box A and that would become easy for me and i am not authorised to do so.

Regarding ethereal i believe i need to have root permission and i dont have root permission also

let me try other options and let u know how i proceed

thanks once again for ur help

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Pcap.h Sniffing

Can someone please help me figure out how to use pcap.h to sniff packets between only 2 computers whose mac addresses are know? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: papabearcares
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pcap.h Sniffing

Can someone please help me figure out how to use pcap.h to sniff packets between only 2 computers whose mac addresses are know? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: papabearcares
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Wired keyboard sniffing

Are we safe using the everyday wired keyboard? Although this concept is old, I had never seen an actual implementation on the matter until a few days ago. (Four ways of sniffing the electromagnetic emanations of wired keyboards currently on the market in up to 20 meters.) Check the videos at:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redoubtable
2 Replies

4. Programming

Memory sniffing in linux

I am trying to create an application that will be able to sniff memory of other applications. I am not completely new to systems programming but I am not sure how to go about this task. I understand that accomplishing this mainly require these steps. 1: Get a list of processes 2: Find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mosey
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

[HP-UX] Established ports although LAN is disconnected.

Hi, I have a few questions. There is a CORBA connection between 2 HP-UX 11.11i hosts. Then the LAN of the 2nd host is pulled. On the 1st host all connections disappear, as expected. But on the 2nd host all connections still are present, as established. With lsof one can see that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Established connections causing lag?

I'm not to sure how to go about this questions, so I will just ask it and then get criticized. How many Established connections should a V440 be able to support? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

ESTABLISHED web process??

I put lsof -i -P -n into the terminal and this is the output. I believe i am being hacked?? lsof -i -P -n COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME SystemUIS 1578 melodysneed 9u IPv4 0x07d608ec 0t0 UDP *:* SystemUIS 1578 melodysneed 11u IPv4 0x0ba68810... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: melodysneed
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Help: Find established conn source

Hi Friends, On one of my server which having direct connection to internet without firewall ..am seeing a established connection with SSH .. am not getting how ..there no login but I can see this established connection . ## have hidden original IPs with below notations for security concerns .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
0 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
curl_easy_recv(3)						  libcurl Manual						 curl_easy_recv(3)

NAME
curl_easy_recv - receives raw data on an "easy" connection SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/easy.h> CURLcode curl_easy_recv( CURL *curl, void *buffer, size_t buflen, size_t *n); DESCRIPTION
This function receives raw data from the established connection. You may use it together with curl_easy_send(3) to implement custom proto- cols using libcurl. This functionality can be particularly useful if you use proxies and/or SSL encryption: libcurl will take care of proxy negotiation and connection set-up. buffer is a pointer to your buffer that will get the received data. buflen is the maximum amount of data you can get in that buffer. The variable n points to will receive the number of received bytes. To establish the connection, set CURLOPT_CONNECT_ONLY(3) option before calling curl_easy_perform(3) or curl_multi_perform(3). Note that curl_easy_recv(3) does not work on connections that were created without this option. The call will return CURLE_AGAIN if there is no data to read - the socket is used in non-blocking mode internally. When CURLE_AGAIN is returned, use your operating system facilities like select(2) to wait for data. The socket may be obtained using curl_easy_getinfo(3) with CURLINFO_ACTIVESOCKET(3). Wait on the socket only if curl_easy_recv(3) returns CURLE_AGAIN. The reason for this is libcurl or the SSL library may internally cache some data, therefore you should call curl_easy_recv(3) until all data is read which would include any cached data. Furthermore if you wait on the socket and it tells you there is data to read, curl_easy_recv(3) may return CURLE_AGAIN if the only data that was read was for internal SSL processing, and no other data is available. AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.18.2. RETURN VALUE
On success, returns CURLE_OK, stores the received data into buffer, and the number of bytes it actually read into *n. On failure, returns the appropriate error code. The function may return CURLE_AGAIN. In this case, use your operating system facilities to wait until data can be read, and retry. Reading exactly 0 bytes indicates a closed connection. If there's no socket available to use from the previous transfer, this function returns CURLE_UNSUPPORTED_PROTOCOL. EXAMPLE
See sendrecv.c in docs/examples directory for usage example. SEE ALSO
curl_easy_setopt(3), curl_easy_perform(3), curl_easy_getinfo(3), curl_easy_send(3) libcurl 7.54.0 December 18, 2016 curl_easy_recv(3)