Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting stuck in perl cgi to upload a file to server Post 75200 by cbkihong on Thursday 16th of June 2005 03:00:18 AM
Old 06-16-2005
I'm uncertain about file uploads. I previously made one in a similar manner with the CGI module and it worked on my system. A wild guess ... Your form has a file upload control with the name exactly as 'filename'? And does the $filename return some valid filename? Also verify that the permission of your upload directory is writable by the webserver running the script. Check the CGI module doc for possible locations the module will try for the upload spooling directories.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

upload excel file contents to server

Hi I have an excel file with only 5 rows .I want to uplaod those 5 rows to a database using a shell script.Is this possible.If so where do i start. Thnks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magikminox
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

upload file to webdav server

Hi all i have a such question this is my shell script my script must upload file to webdav server ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// #!/bin/sh ###... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knut
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

upload file using cgi

I am using cgic lib to implement file upload, but the speed is very very slow... what is even worse, the file uploaded to my website is corrupted. pakages captured by wireshark: ... 9606 56.258491 192.168.7.77 192.168.7.235 HTTP Continuation or non-HTTP traffic... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
5 Replies

4. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to upload latest file to other server via FTP

Hello, I have a script that finds the latest version of a file in a folder on my Minecraft server. I'm trying to come up with something that will then FTP that file over to my fileserver. Here's what I have that finds the newest file: find /home/mc/archive/sbhouse -type f -mtime +45 -exec... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate file and Upload to SFTP server.

Xperts, My requirement is something like this, I have a sql script which i need to embed in a shell. The sql (oracle) script will generate a .csv file in some Unix directory. the approximate file size is around 10 mb which i need to upload to an sftp server. My concern here is how to make... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies

9. Proxy Server

Upload file from desktop to UNIX server via putty

I have a requirement of following - 1. Transfer excel spreadsheet from desktop to unix server 2. Open the spreadsheet and read the sql row by row at a time 3. Run each sql on database using unix and then send output back to spreadsheet that was uploaded earlier and then transfer file back to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Analabhatla
12 Replies
cgi_filehandle(3)						     cgi/cgi.h							 cgi_filehandle(3)

NAME
cgi_filehandle - return a file pointer to an uploaded file SYNOPSIS
#include <cgi/cgi.h> FILE *cgi_filehandle (CGI *cgi, const char *form_name); ARGUMENTS
cgi - a pointer to a CGI struct allocated with cgi_init form_name - the form name that the file was uploaded as (not the filename) (if NULL, we're asking for the file handle for the PUT upload) DESCRIPTION
cgi_filehandle will return the stdio FILE pointer associated with a file that was uploaded using multipart/form-data. The FILE pointer is positioned at the start of the file when first available. RETURN VALUE
None SEE ALSO
cgi_debug_init(3), cgi_parse(3), cgi_destroy(3), cgi_js_escape(3), cgi_html_escape_strfunc(3), cgi_register_strfuncs(3), cgi_output(3), parse_rfc2388(3), cgi_url_validate(3), open_upload(3), cgi_cs_init(3), cgi_url_escape_more(3), cgi_html_strip_strfunc(3), cgi_neo_error(3), cgi_redirect(3), cgi_filehandle(3), cgi_register_parse_cb(3), cgi_url_escape(3), cgi_init(3), cgi_redirect_uri(3), cgi_cookie_clear(3), cgi_url_unescape(3), cgi_vredirect(3), cgi_display(3), cgi_html_ws_strip(3), cgi_error(3), cgi_cookie_set(3), cgi_text_html_strfunc(3), cgi_cookie_authority ClearSilver 12 July 2007 cgi_filehandle(3)