Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Array Retrieval Formatting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Array Retrieval Formatting Post 75182 by tmarikle on Wednesday 15th of June 2005 05:24:03 PM
Old 06-15-2005
Try this:
Code:
IFS='
'
set -A description $(cat $SHDIR/description.lst $1)

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieval of deleted files

We have a situation in a large dept of programmers where critical accounting data files were deleted. Is there any way in UNIX to trace deletions and or possibly retrieve the deleted file? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgardiner
14 Replies

2. Solaris

Configure Ultra for Web doc retrieval

I have an ultra 10 - running solaris 9 that I installed a few weeks ago... I am not sure how to phrase this but basically I have some html doc's that I store on the ultra but I want people to be able to access from their windows workstation on our lan... How can I do this? If you could help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Free-text retrieval utility

Can anyone recommend an free-text retrieval utility? Open source or free preferred. Any views on say IQ-text? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MJDRM
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

MySQL bulk retrieval of database through html form

Have to delete this long post. Seems nobody would spent time on it. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting Array Output

Hello All, Q1) I have the below code but when the email was sent out all lines are merged and coming out as a single line though my printf statement has newline "\n", How do i avoid that? Q2) In my second IF statement when i introduced the backslash "\" for continuation of a line or command, i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl array formatting

Experts, I'm having problems with a portion of my perl script. I have a perl array that contains the following: Port1,circuit3,2;4 Port2,circuit1,9;6 Port3,circuit2,12;5 Port4,circuit4,11;10;3 Port5,circuit7,8;7;1 I'm trying to produce the following output: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)