Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Array Retrieval Formatting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Array Retrieval Formatting Post 75182 by tmarikle on Wednesday 15th of June 2005 05:24:03 PM
Old 06-15-2005
Try this:
Code:
IFS='
'
set -A description $(cat $SHDIR/description.lst $1)

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieval of deleted files

We have a situation in a large dept of programmers where critical accounting data files were deleted. Is there any way in UNIX to trace deletions and or possibly retrieve the deleted file? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgardiner
14 Replies

2. Solaris

Configure Ultra for Web doc retrieval

I have an ultra 10 - running solaris 9 that I installed a few weeks ago... I am not sure how to phrase this but basically I have some html doc's that I store on the ultra but I want people to be able to access from their windows workstation on our lan... How can I do this? If you could help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Free-text retrieval utility

Can anyone recommend an free-text retrieval utility? Open source or free preferred. Any views on say IQ-text? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MJDRM
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

MySQL bulk retrieval of database through html form

Have to delete this long post. Seems nobody would spent time on it. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting Array Output

Hello All, Q1) I have the below code but when the email was sent out all lines are merged and coming out as a single line though my printf statement has newline "\n", How do i avoid that? Q2) In my second IF statement when i introduced the backslash "\" for continuation of a line or command, i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl array formatting

Experts, I'm having problems with a portion of my perl script. I have a perl array that contains the following: Port1,circuit3,2;4 Port2,circuit1,9;6 Port3,circuit2,12;5 Port4,circuit4,11;10;3 Port5,circuit7,8;7;1 I'm trying to produce the following output: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
3 Replies
MooseX::AttributeHelpers::Trait::Collection::Array(3pm) User Contributed Perl DocumentationMooseX::AttributeHelpers::Trait::Collection::Array(3pm)

NAME
MooseX::AttributeHelpers::Collection::Array - Array attribute SYNOPSIS
package Stuff; use Moose; use MooseX::AttributeHelpers; has 'options' => ( metaclass => 'Collection::Array', is => 'ro', isa => 'ArrayRef[Int]', default => sub { [] }, provides => { 'push' => 'add_options', 'pop' => 'remove_last_option', } ); DESCRIPTION
This module provides an Array attribute which provides a number of array operations. See MooseX::AttributeHelpers::MethodProvider::Array for more details. METHODS
meta method_provider has_method_provider helper_type BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007-2009 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-01-02 MooseX::AttributeHelpers::Trait::Collection::Array(3pm)