Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Convert Jpeg to useable Unix Pics Post 75167 by reborg on Wednesday 15th of June 2005 04:31:17 PM
Old 06-15-2005

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp selected jpeg files from unix filesystem

Hi All We have hp-ux 11iv1 system running with oracle8i database. We have around 350,000 users, each user uploaded their own signatures and are stored in unix filesystems department wise. A database is maintained to keep their particulars with a path to link their signature files. Now... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jpeg viewer on SunOS 5.8

I was wondering what program can i use instead of mozilla to view a picture on a sun solaris system running SunOS 5.8. To view a pic i'm currently doing it this way: xterm -sb -fn screen-bold -g 60x30+0-0 -title '%s window - pls quit window upon completion ' -e mozilla file:///usr/sailing.JPG ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do I view a jpeg?

I use gv or ggv to view a .pdf, or .ps file. What will allow me to see a jpeg file? If it matters, I'm using xterm on a PowerBook G4. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsstamps
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

makefile to convert .jpeg to .png thumnails

Hello! I'm desperately trying to write a makefile that converts and scales jpeg files to png files in subdirectories I want to use netpbm, so I just need the commands: anytopnm pnmscale pnmtopng For various reasons i want to use a makefile. This is the first time i use the make tool... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: henningbaer
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Lv not useable after lvextend - high I/O

Hello, on an Ubuntu 12.04 NAS there are some lvm's VG #PV #LV #SN Attr VSize VFree vg01 1 2 0 wz--n- 930,45g 411,83g LV VG Attr LSize Origin Snap% Move Log Copy% Convert lv-iscsi vg01 -wi-a- 500,00g lv-root vg01... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: darktux
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Turning my lists into useable copy commands

Hello everyone! I currently work in the motion picture industry and we constantly receive lists of missing media from our sound department. I use a series of commands in TextWrangler in order to remake the lists into useable copy commands to automate the whole process but if I could make this work... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me_please
9 Replies
pthread_join(3T)														  pthread_join(3T)

NAME
pthread_join() - wait for the termination of a specified thread SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread Thread whose termination is awaited by the caller. value_ptr Pointer to the location where the exit status of thread is returned. DESCRIPTION
The function waits for the termination of the target thread. If the target thread has already terminated, this function returns immedi- ately. Only threads created with a detachstate attribute value of may be specified in the target thread parameter. On successful return from the value_ptr argument, if it is not a null pointer, will contain the value passed to by the terminating thread. When a call returns successfully, the caller is guaranteed the target thread has terminated. If more than one thread calls for the same target thread, one thread is guaranteed to return successfully. Undefined behavior results for other callers specifying the same thread. If the thread calling is canceled, the target thread shall not be joined. The exit status of the target thread will remain available for another thread to call If the target thread was canceled, its exit status is It is unspecified whether a thread that has exited, but remains unjoined, counts against the limit. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] The value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to thread. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EDEADLK] This operation would result in process deadlock or thread specifies the calling thread. AUTHOR
was derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), wait(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_join(3T)