Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check file size
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Check file size Post 75139 by alnita on Wednesday 15th of June 2005 02:21:10 PM
Old 06-15-2005
Check file size

I need a unix script that will check the size of multiple files in the same directory or from a text file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file size check

How can I perform size check of any character file(which switch)? For example: I have to perform certain actions if file size is not zero. How can I do that? Is this syntax fine? if test ! -z $filename then fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check file size

Hi All, I am in small problem.. i have one script which transfers some big files to my ftp usign normal command like put .... my problem is how to check whether my file have been transferred successfully on ftp or not... i know only inside ftp we have option like 'size' command which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for file size is zero or not.

I have following script on AIX/KSH if ] ; then echo "filename exists and is > 0 bytes" else echo "filename does not exist or is zero length" fi It is not working. What is wrong here??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the file size - help

I want to write a batch job (ksh) with the following requirement we have file feeds coming to our system from other team, if the file size is greater than expected then we dont need to process the file for the day and need to archive the file and send email notification to the manager saying... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sithara
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the file size

if ; then cp /tmp/testfolder/*.* ~/new/logs/ else echo "No files today" exit fi The problem is this doen't work when there is more than 1 file. Please tell me how to take the latest file and check the size of the file in a directory (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check the buffer size of a file?

I have a c program and I want to know what command to use to display the current buffer size of the file using Terminal in Unix? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Izzy123
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the presence of file >size?

Hi, Following script work fine: #!/bin/bash FILE=$1 if ; then echo Yay else echo Boo fi But I would like to add another condition that if FILE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check a file size

I'm doing a script thats check if mylogfile.log is bigger then 5000 but i dont know how to write it. thanks in avance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Froob
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File size check

I am trying to check whether two files are empty or not using below if condition but its checking for only one file if ] Again I tried if && ] Need your assistance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya_001
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check file size and mail

Hi, I am trying to write a script which will check if the filesize is grather than 0 KB, compress the file and send to the email list else if the file size is zero KB don't send a mail update the log if then echo "Validate the file" | mailx -s " There are errors : " ${EMAIL_LIST} else... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mora
5 Replies
TTF2UFM_X2GS(1) 					      TTF2UFM Font Converter						   TTF2UFM_X2GS(1)

NAME
ttf2ufm_x2gs - font installer for Ghostscript SYNOPSIS
ttf2ufm_x2gs [config-file] DESCRIPTION
The fonts generated with ttf2ufm work fine with Ghostscript by themselves. The script `x2gs' (or `ttf2ufm_x2gs' when installed into a public directory, to avoid name conflicts with other programs) links the font files from the X11 direcotry into the Ghostscript directory and automatically creates the description file ("Fontmap") in Ghostscript format. If the configuration file is not specified as an argument then the file `"convert.cfg"' in the current directory is used, just like the `"convert"' script does. Indeed, this configuration file is used for both scripts. The Ghostscript-related parameters in the configuration file are: "DSTDIR" - the X11 font directory used by `"x2gs"' as the source of the fonts. This parameter is common with the X11 configuration. "GSDIR" - the base directory of Ghostsript. If this parameter is set to an empty string then `"convert"' won't call `"x2gs"'. So if you want to get only the X11 fonts installed then set this parameter to an empty string. This directory may vary on various system, so please check your system and set this value accordingly before running the script. "GSFONTDIR" - the font directory of Ghostscript. In the standard Ghostscript installation it's a subdirectory of "GSDIR" but some systems may use completely different directories. "GSCONFDIR" - the configuration subdirectory of Ghostscript that contains the "Fontmap" file. "INSTALLFONTMAP" - if the value is set to "YES" then install the entries for the new fonts right into the main "Fontmap" file. Otherwise just leave the file "Fontmap.ttf" in the Ghostscript configuration directory. After preparing the configuration file run the script. It symbolicaly links all the font files and creates the description file "Fontmap.ttf" in "GSCONDFIR". After that there are two choices. If the option "INSTALLFONTMAP" was set to "YES" then the font descriptions are also automatically installed into the master "Fontmap" file. The script is clever enough to detect if it was run multiple times with the same directories and if so it replaces the old "Fontmap" entries with the new ones instead of just accumulating all of them. You may also run it multiple times for multiple X11 directories and all the results will be properly collected in the "Fontmap". But it's your responsibility to watch that the names of the font files don't overlap. If the X11 font directory gets renamed then you have to remove its font entries from the "Fontmap" and only after that re-run `"x2gs"' for the new directory. On the other hand if the option "INSTALLFONTMAP" was set to "NO" then go to the "GSCONFDIR" directory and insert the contents of "Fontmap.ttf" into the "Fontmap" file manually. This step may be left manual to make the installation a little bit more safe. After that you may also want to redefine some of the aliases in "Fontmap" to refer to the newly installed fonts. But the redefinition of the aliases may be dangerous if the width of characters in the new font will be different from the old font. Alas, there is no visible solution of this problem yet. FILES
o TTF2UFM_SHAREDIR/scripts/convert.cfg.sample o TTF2UFM_SHAREDIR/scripts/* o TTF2UFM_SHAREDIR/README o TTF2UFM_SHAREDIR/FONTS o TTF2UFM_SHAREDIR/* o TTF2UFM_BINDIR/ttf2ufm SEE ALSO
o ttf2ufm(1) o ttf2ufm_convert(1) o t1asm(1) version 3.4.4 December 31, 2003 TTF2UFM_X2GS(1)