Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Running scripts with condition Post 751 by Hamid Afsharazad on Tuesday 16th of January 2001 09:43:20 AM
Old 01-16-2001
I forgot a very important issue in my description of the problem. The solution you gave is very smart, good and easy to understand but the problem is that I am not allowed to modify the scripts SCR1 and SCR2.

Best Regards
/Hamid

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scripts running under different users

what command can i use to tell if a script is running under different users? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csnewbie
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts in parallel

Hi, Iam having the scripts as follows. i jus want to run those in parallel. main aim is to minimise the time for overall execution of the script. now out.txt is having 1 lac records. script1(split.sh) split -1000 out.txt splitout ls -A splitout* > filelist.txt cat filelist.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

When running if condition, getting the following error

Hi All, My input file name is 1.sh the contents of file are cat status2.txt | while read filename do echo "$filename" echo "first content of the file is ${filename}" echo "second content of the file is ${filename}" echo "second content of the file is ${filename}" if } -eq 0 -a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts through cronjob.

Hello everybody, I'm trying to run a shell script in crontab file. But anyhow it's not getting executed. Following is the command that I've used in crontab. 30 07 * * * . ./.cronprofile;/om/reports/reportscripts/jitu/prod/prd_pre_to_post.sh 35 11 * * * .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitu.jk
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

until loop : running even if condition is satisfied

I am checking one until loop with the following logic until || |||| do sleep 30 done before running this i am exporting above variables to SUCCESS.But the loop is running in infinite loop.My requirement is to make the loop run until all the 3 variables are SUCCESS or any of the 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts via su

Hi All, Am using the below command to start my application using the root user su - bin -c "/home/bin/test/start.sh" but am getting the error becaue i have set some environment varibales in bin .profile when i execute the command start.sh by logging directly into bin account it's... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sri24
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

8. Solaris

running scripts from cron

I need to run a script (from cron) that runs a second script. What worries me is that second script, when run from bash, upon finishing doesn't return to bash unless I press the 'Enter' key. I presume that's because last command in that script ends with & Could that be a problem for cron?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running scripts from different server

Hi, I need a script (ksh) on ServerAdmin that will run an archive scripts from different several Servers through ssh. The problem is that how can i switch user when before running the archive script. I already configured password-less connection on the servers. server 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chococrunch6
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing multiple scripts using if condition

I have an if condition. If that condition is true then one script will be run and after that I need to check another condition based on the output value of first script. i tried like below : cd lock if ; then rm exitup if ; then kb_shutdown kb_startup if ; then rm exitup if ;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charanarjun
3 Replies
smart(8)																  smart(8)

NAME
smart - The Smart Package Manager SYNOPSIS
smart command [options] [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating smart and portable algorithms for solving adequately the problem of managing software upgrading and installation. This tool works in all major distributions, and will bring notable advantages over native tools currently in use (APT, APT-RPM, YUM, URPMI, etc). Action commands update install reinstall upgrade remove check fix download clean Setup commands channel priority mirror flag Query commands search query info stats Run "smart command --help" for more information. Options --version Show program's version number and exit --config-file=FILE Configuration file (default is <data-dir>/config) --data-dir=DIR Specifies the config file location - can take http, ftp urls and local file Data directory (default is /var/lib/smart/) --log-level=LEVEL Set the log level to level (debug, info, warning, error) --gui Use the default graphic interface --shell Use the default shell interface --interface=NAME Use the given interface --ignore-locks Don't respect locking -o OPT, --option=OPT Set the option given by a name=value pair Examples smart install --help smart install pkgname smart --gui smart --gui install pkgname smart --shell FILES
/etc/smart/ /var/lib/smart/ /usr/lib/smart/ /usr/lib/smart/plugins/ SEE ALSO
http://labix.org/smart AUTHOR
Gustavo Niemeyer <gustavo@niemeyer.net> Christoph Thiel 2006 Jun 16 smart(8)